1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

we've been invaded!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by dan_bo, 14 May 2008.

1. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

Hordes of glasweegies have decended upon manchester for the footie. Crates of stella on thier shoulders (8.00 AM). It's going to be bedlam! The last time this happened (when celtic came down for Keano's testimonial) there was 3 inches of broken glass from Trafford bar to Miles platting. I'm not looking forward to the ride home.

2. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

A group of lads were heading into town on the train I normally get - cans were open (and songs being sung) - 6:40am!

3. Renard

Renard Guest

A big big day for the Teddy Bears (Gers) [​IMG]. I was supposed to be a part of the horde but due to circumstances couldn't go. Hadn't a hope in hell of a ticket but just wanted to feel a part of it. Biggest night for the club in my memory. My brother, cousin and numerous pals are already down there. I am going to be a nervous wreck all day [​IMG]

Hope everything goes well tonight and that you have a puncture free day :tongue:

4. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Are they going to play anyone up front or just park the bus and wait for the penalty shoot-out?:tongue::evil:

5. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

I just hope they win! otherwise there'll be scorched earth where once there was manchester city centre..........hmmmmmm then again.........

6. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

quick, hide the buckie!

7. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Do NOT wear one of these on your commute home..... unless you can cycle very fast...

[​IMG]

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

It's busy - loads of them in the bars from Didsbury, Withington, Rusholme - all on the pop and singing... busy on Oxford Road as well.

9. cannondale boy

cannondale boy Über Member

I would not like to be a cyclist tomorrow, as their will be shards of glass all over the place. Good luck if you live in manchester!

10. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

But when it's cleared up, you'll say "where did al the glass-go?"
    (groan, that was awful!)

11. Horace Goes Skiing

Horace Goes Skiing New Member

12. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Oh dear, Piccadilly's screen failed, so it's kicked off in Manchester. Looks like a right tip - rubbish everywhere, some idiots fighting with the police....joy.

13. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

14. Renard

Renard Guest

15. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Broken glass all over the place on Oxford Road on the commute - watch out folks.