what a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

(bloody forum, lost the message as I posted it, will have to remember what i wrote all over)

What a ride in to work today, I know no one will really care, but hey. It was just a perfect day, somehow i had all the energy in the world and when I put my foot down, I just woooosshhhhhed!! It was almost scarey at how fast that bike goes. Just so much fun undertaking and overtaking cars and the like, leaving everyone in your dust, missing all the potholes today, just seemed to zoned in and focused. Not had a ride like that for ages where you just put your foot down and your gone.

There were the odd idiots like the private hire taxi who had to undertake me at the lights, who had to build up speed to get past me, that he was going too fast for the speed humps which caused a nice crunch sound as he went over them. This led me to undertake him and stay ahead :ohmy: I cant say the lights were in my favour today, or the weather all that good either. And there was the colour blind guy who didnt stop at any red lights. This also cheered me up as everytime he passed me whilst i waited, it meant i could glide past him not far up the road and smile while commenting on the red lights.

Ahh what a day, full of energy and hope tonights ride home is as good. Woooossssshhhhhhhh

(ps still need to get that cycle computer and new helmet cam)

Maz

Guru
Nice one, jake. What kind of fast bike do you ride?

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

Maz said:
Nice one, jake. What kind of fast bike do you ride?

ooo thanks, was not really expecting a reply :ohmy: wish I knew how fast I was going, but it is satisfying when you go past cars:

http://www.webm8.co.uk/bike.jpg

specialized allez elite, ps this is on its first outing, a few weeks after I had clips fitted - which i fell off 3times lol.

mattybain

I had one of those days yesterday evening, eveything seemed to go right. Slightly gutted as my average speed (including stops) was 29.7 km/h, a smattering off the golden 30. Still supposed to be even windier behind me tonight so hopefully I can eek out another 0.3 km/h.

Doesn't it just feel amazing going so fast on your bike, I love that feeling especially when the sun is shining.

Of course you still get idiots, I normally get a couple of close shaves every day, mainly with bus drivers and idiot taxis. I have given up sending videos to bus companies as to be honest they just don't care.

We do care! It's great when you get a day like that! :ohmy:

Oh, Jake, sorry about not getting back to you about cameras. I've been very busy at work and outside work so I've not had time to look. Look at dogcamsport and actioncameras and see what you like the look of, then post what you are considering here.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

Maz said:
Snap! I've got the Allez Elite, too.
Super bike!

Oh it is isnt it, scarey at how fast it is, especialy from the stop line. Its a joy to ride and never fails to surprise. Still a little unsure how far to push it, either in the rain (which i tend not to ride in) and around corners ie how much grip there is. Any hints or tips? I have seen a couple around town, and overtook one a month or so ago which gave me great pleasure :ohmy:

- Matty -
certainly does, used to have old mountain bike, so this is something else Eat some baked beans too, that may help get your 30mph. regarding vids, yes I guess. i do think it may come in handy one day, like a planes black box!

- Mega -
NP, know what its like. You still enjoying your new bike too?

mattybain

magnatom said:
We do care! It's great when you get a day like that! :ohmy:

Oh, Jake, sorry about not getting back to you about cameras. I've been very busy at work and outside work so I've not had time to look. Look at dogcamsport and actioncameras and see what you like the look of, then post what you are considering here.

Wow just seen the ContourHD on actioncameras, I want one!! should be better than my ATC3k which has been pretty dissapointing.

I'm going to the US in early June so think I should be able to pick one up for just over £200. In typical fashion it costs £329 from actioncameras but you can get it for $279+tax in the US.

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

yes matty, i had one of those, was ok, but sound was non useable and its a bit chunky, dont look good when your cycling that kinda bike lol. Will check links in a mo when boss out of office. ooo pick me one up lol

I haven't seen the contourHD before. Looks interesting, but I suspect that the sensor wouldn't be great in lower light situations (I could be wrong). Aren't CMOS sensors the poor cousin of CCD?

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

i see there is a wireless one too. My big concernt about using a camera again is the size, weight but most of all, battery life.

Top Bottom