What about Cube Bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Atyl1972

Hi guys, what do we think of cube bikes, are the frames any good as for £1500 you can get a real looker in the Agree SL and with full ultegra groupset?

does anyone own a cube agree or any other cube roadies???:hello:

tiswas-steve

Über Member
I was lucky enough to purchase a Cube Agree GTC Race on Friday with full ultegra groupset and to put it mildly Im loving it to bits, had a ride out to the North Downs on Saturday morning and done the London to Brighton run on Sunday ( 3 hrs 50 mins ) ;-) The Agree range look gorge across the board I reckon, only downside is the small strange sizing, my spech Allez Sports is a 54 frame and fits me Cosy but I tried a Agree 56 frame cos they only do sizes in 50,53,56 etc and it felt just a wee bit too big. I settled on a 53 with a bit of tweaking from the guys at Cyclesurgery and so far it's lush !!

Biiiig thumbs up for the Agree from moi ...

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Hi - I think most major company's make good bikes but the better frames tend to be just a tad lighter than the others.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to ride an alloy frame which weighed more than 1100g (frame only) so you might make some enquiries as to what that frame weighs.

kips

Über Member
hi, i have a cube agree sl, great bike and fast ride with great kit,got it from
chain reaction cycles last november and love it. i got a 60cm,(im 6ft2), sizing
seems to be on the small size esp on the top tube which is shorter than what
i was use to, but have gotten used to it after a while, cant praise it enough!!

Funk-Meister

also have the Agree SL race....love it. Id also go with the sizing coming up a smidgen small. No carbon seat post and mediocre Fulcrum 5 wheels let it down. But these are obviously up gradeable.

Def a cycle to recommend

OP
OP
A

Atyl1972

cool, I'm kinda leaning towards the Cube Agree GTC SL as i love the specs of green as well as of course part dura :thumbsup: , i have head though not very good things about the frames and thats why cube give such high specs
I was lucky enough to purchase a Cube Agree GTC Race on Friday with full ultegra groupset and to put it mildly I'm loving it to bits, had a ride out to the North Downs on Saturday morning and done the London to Brighton run on Sunday ( 3 hrs 50 mins ) ;-) The Agree range look gorge across the board I reckon, only downside is the small strange sizing, my spech Allez Sports is a 54 frame and fits me Cosy but I tried a Agree 56 frame cos they only do sizes in 50,53,56 etc and it felt just a wee bit too big. I settled on a 53 with a bit of tweaking from the guys at Cyclesurgery and so far it's lush !!

mhk1058

Regular
Just come across this thread so you've probably made your decision now but it seems that the better spec for the money on Cube bikes is simply due to them trying to gain a decent foothold in the UK - very popular and mainstream in Germany.

Picking up an Agree GTC Race on Saturday and can't wait. Any of the big names kitted to the same spec are roughly £500 more. For similar money to the Cube you can't even get Shimano 105 throughout.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Just come across this thread so you've probably made your decision now but it seems that the better spec for the money on Cube bikes is simply due to them trying to gain a decent foothold in the UK - very popular and mainstream in Germany.

Picking up an Agree GTC Race on Saturday and can't wait. Any of the big names kitted to the same spec are roughly £500 more. For similar money to the Cube you can't even get Shimano 105 throughout.

Your gonna luv the GTC mate, ive had mine for 6 weeks now and I still think its the best looking/best value for money bike on the market at the mo........... let us know what you think after your first proper ride.

Ta ta for now

mhk1058

Regular
Your gonna luv the GTC mate, ive had mine for 6 weeks now and I still think its the best looking/best value for money bike on the market at the mo........... let us know what you think after your first proper ride.

Ta ta for now

Got the bike... quick 12 miles yesterday followed by a few tweaks, seat height, brakes etc then 30 this morning. My last bike was a Trek 1500 circa 2004, the Cube feels like cheating in comparison, absolutely blown away by it, superb. Looks great, feels great and add to that the fact that I've probably saved anything up to £500 against a 'big name' with similar spec I couldn't be happier.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Got the bike... quick 12 miles yesterday followed by a few tweaks, seat height, brakes etc then 30 this morning. My last bike was a Trek 1500 circa 2004, the Cube feels like cheating in comparison, absolutely blown away by it, superb. Looks great, feels great and add to that the fact that I've probably saved anything up to £500 against a 'big name' with similar spec I couldn't be happier.

Great to hear you,re enjoying the GTC ... My mission to spread the word of the Agree goes on !! :thumbsup:

mhk1058

Regular
can I ask what you paid for them?

List is £1,849, the Pro is £1,450 & the same frame, just slightly lower spec on groupset/wheels etc. I got a few bob off/bottle carrier thrown in but nothing significant. You may get lucky and get a 2011 model a bit cheaper when the 2012 models hit the shops but I'd bet the bikes will be a fair bit more expensive next year.

rsvdaz

i'm looking at a GTC pro..LBS has it for 1499.99..and weighing up the options of:

buying it now and trying to get some eqpt thown in or waiting till the 2012 come out (anyone know when?) to see if it drops in price.

i'm also thinking I may have only 6-8 weeks of summer riding left, as it will become my fair weather ride it will sit in my garage unitl spring and therefore hold off till the winter

mhk1058

Regular
The Agree range look gorge across the board I reckon, only downside is the small strange sizing, my spech Allez Sports is a 54 frame and fits me Cosy but I tried a Agree 56 frame cos they only do sizes in 50,53,56 etc and it felt just a wee bit too big. I settled on a 53 with a bit of tweaking from the guys at Cyclesurgery and so far it's lush !!

Just out of interest, what size are you Steve? I'm 5'10" inside leg 33" and went for the 56 frame.

Top Bottom