What bag for butterfly handlebars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

looe

Hi,
what handlebar bag fits on a butterfly? Been surfing the web but found nothing. I have the original bar for Dawes World Tour, the same is on Dawes Karakum.
Thanks

Yellow7

Über Member
Hi Looe. I'm just researching the same issue, the Ortlieb ultimate 5 classic looks best so far, heres the size;
Height: 20 cm
Upper width: 17 cm
Weight: 470 g.
Depth: 8 cm
Bottom width: 14 cm
Capacity: 2.7 l.
I'm gionna bite the buillet & buy one as starting to go round in cirlces. Best price i've seen is here; http://www.rockandrescue.co.uk not sure what P&P is though.

The Topeak TourGuide Compact Handlebar Bag doesn't look too bad but is a bit bigger so may not fit, also, not waterproof, which seems pointless as most the time they are used for camera, cash & pasports etc..

Mark.

OP
OP
looe

looe

Yellow7 said:
Hi Looe. I'm just researching the same issue, the Ortlieb ultimate 5 classic looks best so far, heres the size;
Height: 20 cm
Upper width: 17 cm
Weight: 470 g.
Depth: 8 cm
Bottom width: 14 cm
Capacity: 2.7 l.
I'm gionna bite the buillet & buy one as starting to go round in cirlces. Best price i've seen is here; http://www.rockandrescue.co.uk not sure what P&P is though.

The Topeak TourGuide Compact Handlebar Bag doesn't look too bad but is a bit bigger so may not fit, also, not waterproof, which seems pointless as most the time they are used for camera, cash & pasports etc..

Mark.

Thanks Mark.............

Depends a lot on how you have the bars positioned. My wife has hers with the open part at the stem and about 15 degrees up from horizontal.

I found that the trick was an extension piece (available for both Klick Fix and Ortlieb)

Altura-KlickFix-Ext-Bracket-med.jpg

ortlieb%20extension%20ul4.jpg

Puts the bar bag forward and clear of the bars.

OP
OP
looe

looe

Cunobelin said:
Depends a lot on how you have the bars positioned. My wife has hers with the open part at the stem and about 15 degrees up from horizontal.

I found that the trick was an extension piece (available for both Klick Fix and Ortlieb)

Altura-KlickFix-Ext-Bracket-med.jpg

ortlieb%20extension%20ul4.jpg

Puts the bar bag forward and clear of the bars.

Very good idea, thanks Cunobelin

Yellow7

Über Member
Wiggle was the best price. They do all the colours (I chose boring black/grey to tone it down a tad as i start a tour across Africa in August, just need to down grade the frame's tango orange now!)
I wasn't too impressed with the cable 'mechanism' to lash the bar clip to the bars, albeit does work, also I couldn't see the point of a lock, if someone tries to steal the bag when your not around their just gonna open the bag & pinch the goods inside!? Moaning aside though it does the job! ;-)

Top Bottom