What buff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cope

So after scanning the forums for a bit I've determined that buffs are highly regarded. Following some online research, though, I'm thoroughly confused.

From this vast menu, what's recommended?

http://www.buffshop.co.uk/?gclid=COKgkYmnjK0CFZMhtAodWC3Vug

Don't worry about cheaper options - it's for a birthday present and the giver is happy to spend about 20 quid, so these should all be ok... unless there's a better option elsewhere...

Cycling-specific buffs are fine, but Millets do some decent cheaper ones, too.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Just the standard cotton type one. anything with wool or lining would be too hot IMO. TK Maxx do sets of four Oxford ones for about a tenner.

vickster

Legendary Member
I just ordered a polar one - my chin gets very cold and you can reverse to have the cotton by the skin
I reckon merino would be itchy

I went riding on Saturday and it was COLD! Thankfully because Im very sensitive to cold I wore my motorbike neck gore winds topper. It's breathable / wicking material, and wind proof. Plus it has tiny holes for breathing if you put it over your nose. Something like this (but not fleece, it actually very light) . I think this is my best piece of kit after the lippy in the saddlebag! :smile:

I think those Buffs you are looking at are very expensive and more for fashion rather than technical equipment. The cold will get straight through that.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I got three for a a fiver from TK Maxx

They do the job just fine :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I got a free one with Cycling Active but it throttles me - anyone want it for the cost of the postage?

I like my merino one. Its a fair bit longer than than the other couple I've got (a Cyclechat one and the freebie from a mag a couple of months ago). It also doesn't seem to smell after using it over mouth nose over a week.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
These are only £6.99

section_dog2.jpg

Top Bottom