What can we offer in our cycling cafe to make it somewhere you would love to come?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

Hi all.

I will apologise before I start.... I am one of those cyclists that likes to spoil a perfectly good bike ride by sandwiching it between a swim and a run. For my sins, I apologise!

I live in Birmingham and for a long time, my girlfriend and I wanted to set up a bit of a haven for cyclists. A kind of cycling cafe that includes a workshop, activities and events, some good food, great coffee and most importantly..... beer.

We are a start up business and plan to be opening in about 8 weeks. We plan to be a cycling cafe but also want to do our best to share the enjoyment we get through cycling with families and community members who may be new to cycling or may be returning. In the meantime, I would love to start talking to more people about what we can offer to make it somewhere that you would love to come to. We can't promise to do everything but what we do agree to, we plan to throw our hearts in to it!

Happy riding!

James

Just copy the Rapha CC model, but without the beared/tattoo'd hipsters. Perhaps a bit cheaper too.

Just copy the Rapha CC model, but without the beared/tattoo'd hipsters. Perhaps a bit cheaper too.
And presumably not in central London, either.

What exactly is left to copy? Don't copy their espresso, it's really not very good.

OP
OP
Gorillacoffee

Gorillacoffee

Regular
Yes - the concept is excellent at Rapha - just wish I could afford their clothes! Hopefully you can let me off as I have a beard! Rapha have inspired our concept but we have tweaked it for Birmingham's market place.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Have you considered a (room with) a tv screen, showing live cycling racing when on or classic cycling films/ videos ?
Not to everyone's taste, so probably needs the separate room ! ^_^

MistaDee

Understand that no matter what side of the fence you sit on regarding vaping or e-ciggies you will not please everyone.
I will not frequent an establishment or give it my business if it permits vaping inside.
Although legal it still smells like shite and still contains nicotine and other chemicals which I do not wish to inhale.

OP
OP
Gorillacoffee

Gorillacoffee

Regular
Have you considered a (room with) a tv screen, showing live cycling racing when on or classic cycling films/ videos ?
Not to everyone's taste, so probably needs the separate room ! ^_^
We will have a big screen available where we will be showing cycling films, live racing and documentaries! Because of the size of the unit, I'm afraid we cannot have a separate room. These events will be fuelled by coffee, quality beers and good food!

OP
OP
Gorillacoffee

Gorillacoffee

Regular
Understand that no matter what side of the fence you sit on regarding vaping or e-ciggies you will not please everyone.
I will not frequent an establishment or give it my business if it permits vaping inside.
Although legal it still smells like shite and still contains nicotine and other chemicals which I do not wish to inhale.
vaping is banned inside...... I will have seating outside if people like to vape or smoke. Not my cup o tea at all but some people choose to do both....

Free air, free servicing advice, free loan of tools, indoor and outdoor seating, tolerance of smokers, plenty of bike parking.
Affordable servicing and spares (Tea and coffee and cake will be your big earners, so marking up brake pads and puncture kits too much would be counter productive). Where is this cafe?
Problem is that you can alienate local bike shops if they feel you undercut their trade, their negative inputi into the cycling community can be an issue!

Local education and groups

A few courses:
Cycle maintenance for idiots
Women's cycle evenings

If you can get the support of the local groups to support these it will get them in your door... then "all" you have to decide is keep tgem

Top Bottom