What do you know about Reading?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
amen to that. I can't exactly call myself a 'fan' - living 250 miles away from the place these days. But the result last night really brought a smile to my face. Premiership football and a Russian billionaire backer - what could go wrong...

Manonabike

Über Member
I know that their football team has just won promotion to the Premier League.

defy-one

OMG - I have used this track when I used to live in Hayes!!!!

It's 7 miles from Iver and a good reason to go visit my parents by bike - excellent - I will be there soon. Anybody else use this place on a regular basis?

defy-one

I have a few colleagues that live on the outskirts of Reading and they are all into cycling in a big way. It's the UK's version of silicon valley, and good if your in the I.T game

[QUOTE 1814779, member: 76"]When I was based in Aldershot we went to the Sigue Sigue Sputnik concert when the lead singer threw a bottle back into the audience and knocked a student out, or cut them or something. To be fair, I think we went because of the usual crowd trouble.[/quote]

crikey - that takes me back - I was there that night. The university rugby team usually caused most of the trouble at gigs there, as I recall... ;)

Norm

I might know someone who was in the Reading Uni rugby team, for a couple of years around 1981/2/3. :whistle:

Top Bottom