what do you think of this bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary D

This would be a much better buy if they have it in your size:

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.GIANT-SCR-3.0-2007.5-Road-Bike_16827.htm

Far superior spec. for similar money. Search on the forum for all the favourable comments on the SCR range.

Hope this helps.
Gary.

OP
OP
R

robb

but what are the raleigh airlites like, i have the option of buying one so what do you think of them?

OP
OP
R

robb

the raliegh is my only real option, its that or nothing. could i not upgrade the forks at a later date?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Oldlegs said:
At £350 it looks expensive to me. Steel forks and 8 speed 2200 :smile:

Not 100% right. My SCR4 has steel forks and should have 2200 equipment but came with Sora shifters instead. Ok i paid less but it is worth £350.
Never really seen or looked at the Airlight properly. Wouldnt be my choice of road bike, i prefere my Giant. Its the same price, and if you go to an ex-factory shop then they are cheaper. The ride is good on them and you can upgrade just about everything on them due to the fact the SCR range frames are all the same.

Joe24

Gerry Attrick said:
Upgrading a bike at this price is probably not an economic option. Far cheaper in the long run to buy a better spec bike first off.

With the Giantor the Raleigh?
If its the Giant i do not agree.

Joe24

The raleigh would be better. But personally the Gian SCR4 would be best overall i think.
I would also not advise to by any bike from one of these catologues or from the net. Go to a local bike shop (LBS) and give one a test ride, see them in the flesh and see if they can do you a deal.

Top Bottom