What does a week of ‘National Mourning’ actually mean?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I hadn’t realised we were in a week of National Mourning until hearing it on the news this morning. TV and Radio schedules and playlists were altered, silences held at sporting events, flags at half mast, memorial service in Canterbury today.
Is this what it means?
I’m not sure what else it entails, or whether some of this things are even valid in 2021.

Rocky

sacré bleu
I’m wearing my trousers at half mast for a week.

Craig the cyclist

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
I hadn’t realised we were in a week of National Mourning until hearing it on the news this morning. TV and Radio schedules and playlists were altered, silences held at sporting events, flags at half mast, memorial service in Canterbury today.
Is this what it means?
I’m not sure what else it entails, or whether some of this things are even valid in 2021.
Its pretty obvious what it entails, because you've just listed the highlights. The other bits it entails are all broadly similar.

It may or may not be valid for you, but looking around me it appears to be valid for many, many people out there.

This does seem a bit of a daft thread. Youve listed the bulk of items that entails such a period of mourning, and whether or or not is valid is up to the individuals that participate, observe or otherwise respect these matters.

Top Bottom