What has happened...............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
........ to decently sized packets of salted peanuts? :biggrin:

There are any number of big bagfuls of crisps and snacky things available but I can only find dinky little bags of peanuts - Only just enough to enliven my tastebuds which will then demand a "proper helping" so I dare not purchase.

Oh where oh where have they gone? :tongue:

Milo

Guru
Due to the current economic climate peanuts are canceled.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The other day in Waitrose whilst looking for small packs of peanuts for a cycling day out, I could only find large packs! You just can't win!

Globalti

Legendary Member
In Nigeria peanuts (groundnuts) are sold in whisky bottles, roasted not salted. They are very tasty. Our driver Matthias gets them from his wife, they make me fat, especially as I always eat them with a pint or two of cold lager.

simonali

Guru
I was looking for some raw ones for stir-frying the other day and couldn't find any. Anyone know where to get them (sans skins)?

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Aperitif said:
Don't be silly - go to Te£co - 1kg packets - perfect for making vats of peanut butter and crushing for flapjacks.

No Te$$co$ in my part of the world :tongue:

FabFoodie said:
The other day in Waitrose whilst looking for small packs of peanuts for a cycling day out, I could only find large packs! You just can't win!

But there is a Waitrose :sad: :wacko:

Also Nuts of all sorts (plain too) in "Julian Graves"

TVC

simonali said:
I was looking for some raw ones for stir-frying the other day and couldn't find any. Anyone know where to get them (sans skins)?

Chinese/Asian supermarkets, if you have such things is Wiltshire, or try on-line.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Uncle Mort said:
It's the same with pork scratchings. The standard size bag only gives you one or two mouthfuls. The next size up is a quarter of of a pound which is just greedy. But I usually manage...

Well now - I have yet to complain about the 1 kg size packets. And I'm not being greedy - just having a sensible helping :sad: :tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
simonali said:

Aren't they usually in the cupboard, hiding behid the milk powder and the soy sauce? Alternatively, nick them out of someone's bird feeder. :biggrin:

Top Bottom