What have I done? Carlton Corsa finished - it's gone from blue to orange!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Nitto Moustache bars have turned up:

s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Frame preparation's finished. Orange wheels, orange tyres and orange paint's arrived along with an old stem and a surprisingly-heavy black crankset:

s-l1600.jpg

Hopefully I'll get the last stuck component out tomorrow and there'll be a trial fitting of all the parts before painting starts. I still need to sort out the correct bottom bracket size, which I'll do once the RH cup is out.

At present there won't be a brake fitted: we'll have front brake parts but this is a fixie for French use on holiday and temporary brake fitment only is fine with my 14yo who trains and races on a track bike. Oh, and possibly grasstrack at some point if I can persuade him it's a good idea when it's a simple bar swap (he currently thinks I'm stupid for suggesting it).

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

I've not done an update on this build for a while, mainly because there was absolutely no progress due to me being too busy.

However ... the sun's out so the spray paint came out as well. It's Rustoleum Orange with laquer over, although the paint was far too easily marked for me to use it again. Wheels and bars with a different stem added for a test fit:

DSCF6212.JPG

The original seatpost's being a pain to go back in but I'll get it to fit later today, with an orange saddle of course.

Decals to be added later; I've sourced original decals for it, although fork decals and a new head badge decal are still en route. The tyres may be changed for black as it's going to be a bit much with orange SPD pedals as well.

The big challenge I've got is working out the bottom bracket width; I've a feeling that despite some measurements it'll be a 'test and see' approach to this one.

Sometimes I think he over-does 'bright'!
Oh yeah...
Did you say black tyres in the end? That would take a good slice of fruit off it!

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Just the chain left to fit, although the crankset will need some fettling:

DSCF6214.JPG

We then have to work out whether and how a front brake fits (I've left the rear brake connector so I don't lose it). A brake won't be needed for grasstrack however and there's a different set of bars for that.

That's been from frame to built in a couple of hours work.

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
What does it weigh? Sometimes it's a real treat go see how light they are without any gears and a decent set of wheels. That bell looks awful heavy though! Nice job.

Top Bottom