what have you learnt today !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Apparently its all about the rythym...getting in tune with it and not rushing to th eend but sticking with the beat at the same pace to completion.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
That there is a point where a young teen can be *so* fat, with such an odd haircut and bizarre clothing, that it is virtually impossible to tell whether they are male or female.
Also that no amount of anti-bacterial gel (what I like to call 'tramp gel') will make your hands feel clean after touching what you hope is rain dampened clothing.... :-(

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have learned that the postman doesn't always put a card through the door when leaving a parcel containing one's birthday present with a neighbour, and said neighbour doesn't always think to knock on my door when he hears me moving around!

I received a different parcel today just as the neighbour was passing ... "Oh, Colin - we took a parcel in for you a few days ago!" - d'oh!

(If I'd known that they had a parcel for me, I'd have knocked on their door to ask for it!) :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That I base my opinion of people I meet purely on the firmness of their handshake.
I assume that you think that 'firm = good, firmer = better?' Not necessarily so!

I had a great uncle in Scotland who used to try and crush the hand of any post-adolescent male he came into contact with. He squeezed my hand so hard once that he had me on my knees begging him to let go - I was only 13 years old! He tried it on my dad another time and was bluntly told that he would be severely beaten if he tried that little trick again. (My dad was a handy boxer when he was young - he came a close second in the GB National Championships when he was a teenager. He then did 6 years in the army and spent 30 years working as a carpenter on building sites so he was a strong, tough man and you wouldn't want to get into a fist fight with him ...)

I've learnt that Crystal Reports converts all imported graphics to bitmaps, which causes the file size to increase out of all proportion to the original imported file.
Although compressing the graphics and converting them to 8-bit greyscale, then importing as an OLE object results in a much more realistic file size, there is no guarantee the graphics will render on Windows Server 2003 in the Crystal Reports Runtime.
Further research is required.

I think I need a hug...:cry:

Top Bottom