What is the daftest reason...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You have heard someone spout for voting leave? Or in the interests of balance remain?

One older man of my acquaintance: "I hope when we're out of the common market they ban kids playing on computers".
I have to say the vast majority I've heard personally revolve around immigration. Others include the various lies spouted during the campaign, 350m, take back control, unelected MEPs that kind of thing.
The daftest was probably the bloke that was due to move house and voted leave because he was hoping it would bring the price of his new house down.
Mr James O'Brien does have the market cornered for daft reasons given though.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The man who lives opposite my mother, whose wife's life was saved by a surgeon who qualified at Mumbai Medical School, has told me he voted leave to stop all the brown faces taking over the NHS.
Similar to that, chap I know called to see me very shortly after the ref to let me know he'd had the all clear from bowel cancer, he voted leave because of immigration. The chances that his life wasn't saved or that his stay in hospital wasn't in some way improved by the EU migrants that grace our NHS is precisely nil.
These aren't really daft reasons are they, they're just tragic.

Dayvo

Just passin' through
My sister-in-law is half Gypsy (nothing wrong with that in my book) but she voted leave to stop 'unwanted' immigration. :cursing:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A few more reasons given to James O'Brien as to why Brexiters want to leave

The EU want to ban the 3 pin plug
My foreign neighbours are rude
The caller from Harrow who insisted he is not racist but there are too many brown faces in his supermarket and hospital
The British leaver who voted out as he wanted to stop the movement of people, calling from his home in Portugal.

steverob

Über Member
I did not see it broadcast myself, but heard that on Sky Sports one manager said he was glad to be a leave voter because the EU had forced the Premier League to implement VAR. I think maybe he headed the ball one too many times during his playing career.

Plus I've heard all the usual stuff about bendy bananas and "they want to ban British chocolate" that were first debunked in the 80's, yet still hang around even today

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I did not see it broadcast myself, but heard that on Sky Sports one manager said he was glad to be a leave voter because the EU had forced the Premier League to implement VAR. I think maybe he headed the ball one too many times during his playing career.

Plus I've heard all the usual stuff about bendy bananas and "they want to ban British chocolate" that were first debunked in the 80's, yet still hang around even today
Good shout, I'd forgotten that one, it was Ian Holloway.

Top Bottom