What is the most stupid thing you have ever done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
That's deserving of a Darwin Award if ever I heard one!!

Had me laughing.

Maz

Guru
User76 said:
I filled my car up with petrol yesterday. I later stopped at some services, and when I got back to the car there was a big puddle of petrol underneath it. I moved the car to a quiet corner of the services to wait for the AA. While I waited for them I got thirsty, so as I had been camping all weekend, I decided to brew up on my stove, using the back corner of the car as a windshield. The AA mans face was a picture to say the least.

He pitched to a petrol leaking car and found the driver merrily using a gas stove:blush:
Pfft. No naked flames allowed on petrol station forecourts? It's political correctness gone mad! Whatever next?!

I have a photograph of a R.E. sergeant sat in the back of a Landrover on a box of explosives, with an open box of detonators in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other. How is that the daftest thing I have ever done?

Hanging about long enough to take the picture.

ChrisKH

Guru
numbnuts said:
going out with a girl called Ann Tanner :tongue:

Yes, but you weren't to know that at the time NN.

Me, I've stripped a live wire with my teeth and the plug was still in the socket.
I bought a wire stripper after that. I cannot describe the '"f*&k you could be dead" feeling afterwards. I feel sick just thinking about it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Hover Fly said:
I have a photograph of a R.E. sergeant sat in the back of a Landrover on a box of explosives, with an open box of detonators in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other. How is that the daftest thing I have ever done?
Reminds me of an image my brother and I still remember from our childhoods... firework display at hospital our parents worked at... a friend of my dad's, carrying selection of fireworks in his arms, in front of him, between bonfire and catherine wheel, fag hanging out of his mouth! :tongue:

phaedrus

I signed up to an Internet cycling forum...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
On one of the ACF explosive threads a chap called Gordy, fine fellow, long distance cyclist and ....school headmaster, described setting the derelict caravan at the end of the garden alight with half a gallon of petrol. Last we heard he was contriving some explanation of why his teenage son lacked eyebrows.

got-to-get-fit

User76 said:
I filled my car up with petrol yesterday. I later stopped at some services, and when I got back to the car there was a big puddle of petrol underneath it. I moved the car to a quiet corner of the services to wait for the AA. While I waited for them I got thirsty, so as I had been camping all weekend, I decided to brew up on my stove, using the back corner of the car as a windshield. The AA mans face was a picture to say the least.

He pitched to a petrol leaking car and found the driver merrily using a gas stove:blush:

As safety manager for a large petrol company....you have just given me a heart attack and a laughing attack at the same time.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Bending down to inspect a plant and spiking myself in the eye with the thin green stick. A common injury, apparently.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Playing Hide and Seek with my Sister while we were at our Grandma's house and Parents were inside talking about boring adult stuff.

My Sis was hiding and I happened across my Uncle's wood burning stove (he kept his trucks at my Grandma's house to work on so all his tools and this stove to provide heat etc. were there)... in my fascination with the burning flame within it I decided to throw a small container of liquid onto it... the liquid turned out to be paraffin and I said a very rapid goodbye to my eyebrows and eyelashes when the flames leapt from the stove into my face.

I tried to get my Sister to cover for me by not telling my Parents... but I think they had an idea something wasn't quite right as my face started to blister and I had a smoking fringe.... xx(

I started a new School a few weeks later as we moved house... it was a tad difficult to make friends with a blistered face and no facial hair of any sort... especially when you're only 6. :biggrin::biggrin:

bonj2

User76 said:

You absolute IDIOT!

Top Bottom