What is this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
2h85rfb.jpg

Any idea what this means?

I noticed it parked at the railings outside Bank Station near the Bank of England building.

TIA.:wacko:

kyuss

Veteran
It's a marketing/publicity campaign for a band called Dead Kids based on the Ghost Bike phenomenon. There's a big discussion on LFGSS about it at the moment with a lot of folk being offended/thinking it's in poor taste. I think I'd have to agree.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Thankyou very much for that I was very unsure what it meant.

Sorry about the poor angle but I was in a vulnerable position and in a hurry when I took the pic.

Actually now I have re-read your post I have to agree with you.

It has got them publicity though.I knew about ghost bikes.TY.

kyuss

Veteran
hackbike 666 said:
It has got them publicity though.I knew about ghost bikes.TY.

That's one of the most annoying things about it. The more people notice these things or are offended by them, the more their name is mentioned and it kind of detracts from the real issue. Benetton used this kind of advertising to great effect in the 90's. I guess it's quite clever, if a little sick.

wafflycat

I have mixed feelings on 'ghost bikes' anyway. I have the feeling that the non-cycling public will see them as an indication that cycling is dangerous and put people off, rather than what the message is supposed to be. As regards the concept being used by a band as promotion material: just plain sick.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Not at all nice.
My immediate thought was when did a child get killed on a bike near Bank?

On a similar note there was once a notorious secondhand/house clearance shop
in Lee Green called, 'Kill The Aged'.:wacko:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

I didn't actually know it was promotional material and thought it was for something else,so I was well caught.Used one of the most useful tools to look it up just now (the internet) and yes found some info on it.

Not at all nice.
My immediate thought was when did a child get killed on a bike near Bank?

My thoughts entirely.Did have me worried a bit.

Top Bottom