what is your max top speed? + rollers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lordjenks

just wondering how fast all of you can really go:smile: downhill i have hit 38 but it wasnt that steep just really long and on the flats i have kept 34 for some time.
also, i was looking at rollers ( i chose them over turbo trainers beciase turbos are noisey and i heard theyput excess stress on your frame so i dont want to take any chances, does anybody know how much e-motion rollers are from http://www.insiderideuk.co.uk/ are? or any other good rollers which are similar, i know i will be looking at over a 100 pounds but it is worth getting the fancy emotion one over a bog standard one??
thanks

Will1985

Über Member
55mph (89km/h) in the Alps is my fastest descent.

Rollers will help your balance and pedalling style but generally don't have resistance which is what turbos are for. That set you linked to is a crazy price - you may as well buy a decent set of rollers and a turbo for that price. If you're willing to shell out that kind of money for some rollers, buying a 2nd hand steel/aluminium bike to use on regular rollers/turbo should still work out cheaper.

Janeyb

A mere 35 mph downhill in Northumberland last week and I was terrified! It was on my mtb rather than the roadie though so not too shabby. Have finally realised what hills are....living in Norfolk I don't often encounter them so gave the legs a little bit of a workout for a change.

52 down close brow a couple of miles from home and about 39 -40 on fixed coming down oakenclough moor towards bleasdale:tongue:. Can't do those sort of revs any more though,:smile:

Garz

Squat Member
A mere 38 for me im afraid, god knows how fast 60 would feel like!!

Top Bottom