What is your posts-per-mile ratio?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I used to be a cycling forum lurker. I'd pop in here and there, but spend most of my cycling time actually doing it, cycling that is. But then I signed up to the old Cycling Plus forum and started posting ...

Forums come and go, and this is where I now spend most of my forum time, but there is an insidious problem - it has just dawned on me that I am now spending far more of my time writing about cycling than actually doing it! :whistle:

There are clearly quite a few people on the forum like me. In fact, I'm fairly sure that there are some prolific posters who don't cycle at all! (Come on - own up - who are you? ;))

I reckon over the past 4 years I've averaged about 1 post per mile ridden but that isn't telling the whole story - I'm probably currently averaging at least 4 posts per mile, maybe more.

I'd like to be posting about 20 times a day at a ratio of no more than 1 post per mile. Less time on here, more out on the bike, methinks!

So, what is your post-per-mile ratio, what do you think about it, and what are you going to do about it?

Let's see, at 8 posts per day, that's twice my yearly mileage at the moment. The only way I could claw that back is to post less. Yep, I'm going to post less, that will do it :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Well, 13,915 posts (mostly drivel) in 4 yrs, and about 9,471 miles in that same time = 1.4 posts (and a bit) per mile
cool.gif

TVC

Too embarrassed to say. Good job I commute (even though it is only 3 miles a day) or it would look ridiculous. Though to be fair, you might notice that most of my posts aren't about cycling anyway.
whistling.gif

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
There are a lot of people who only seem to post during the working day and I'm fairly sure that most of them are not working from home! ;)

:whistle: 1.74 posts per mile

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Just about 2 posts per mile but I don't keep a log of miles [so based on 2 rides per week, offset for holidays and winter...]

tyred

Legendary Member
Well 3,628 posts since I joined and I estimate about 6,200 miles in the same time period.

I mostly post during working hours so I don't waste cycling time and no, I don't work from home :whistle:

****, there's the boss coming. BYE!

Top Bottom