What kind of bike excites you most?

Which type of bike makes you drool the most

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So when you look at bikes what excites you, what genre of bike is likely to get you slavering and reaching for the wallet?

I ask out of curiosity because for me, I'm left a bit cold by super duper carbon shaped lightweight thoroughbreds but very interested by expedition type bikes. I guess it's because when I look at the expedition bike I see a world of possibilities, whereas when I look at the carbon thoroughbred I see a world of pain and a machine built for speeds I cannot reach.

You?

Classic steel framed road bikes or tourers for me. Preferably a bit scruffy but well maintained. Modern carbon rockets and MTBs do absolutely nothing for me.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Sam Kennedy

Full Carbon Racer, Zipp wheels and Dura Ace groupset (NOT Di2), however, I have no money.

Actually, once I get money I would prefer to upgrade what I already have, rather than buy a whole new bike.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I've gone for allrounder, every time I edit my N+1 list of desire, it never includes a bike that's out and out for a specific discipline. All of my dream specs include rack and mudguard eyelets, dropouts that can take gears, hub gears, fixed or SS, have canti bosses and can accomodate decent size tyres. All I'm really speccing up are better frames and better components, but apart from that pretty much what I already have.

D

Deleted member 1258

My bikes are my transport as well as my hobby so I tend to look at how practical the bike is and what its likely to be like to live with. If its for commuting will it take mudguards and a rack? Does it look comfortable? Does it look sturdy enough to take every day use? If its for Sunday best I don't just want the latest carbon fibre rocket, I haven't got the ability to do that justice. I want it reasonably light and and fast but comfortable and practical to, it needs to take mudguards and be able to stand in for my commuter for short periods if I need it to.

topbikes_flyer.jpg

Nice, maybe...hmmm :rolleyes:

Sportive6-798-75.jpg

:smile: Can't get on the thing - let's hope for warm evenings and nights.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Fab Foodie said:
I like speed with a touch of practicality... So fastish bikes that'll take mudguards for all year round usage; Condor Fratello kind of thing.
Alternatively, this gives me the horn... http://www.enigmabikes.com/extensor.html

I like the steel revival. This new cromo steely from Genesis is good looking, rightly specced for the perfect sort of bike for me... http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/road/equilibrium/equilibrium/overview/

I like practical fixies too.

Now the Enigma I don't like, I think it's the wheels but the Genesis is gorgeous but I can hear the inner realist whispering about the riding position and the lack of rack mounts and mudguards .....

GrasB

Veteran
Something that catches my eye. Sometimes its an old steel framed bike that's well kept & just looks right, other times it's a carbon road bike that's unusual in some way. It's not a 'road bike', just something that gets my interest & is beyond the usual.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's not so much the kind of bike, although an expedition / tourer is what I am interested in right now, as the fact that whatever it is will be steel and handmade that excites me. My next bike will definitely be handbuilt for me.

Keith Oates

Janner
If I had to choose just one type then I suppose it would be a carbon racer as the one that really gets my interest but the trouble is I like almost all types of bike. The other night I was walking back from the supermarket and saw a BMW MTB style bike and I stopped and talked a little with the owner (a young Chinese man with no English) but it looked really classy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom