What made you join your cycling club?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
im just wondering what made you choose to join a specific cycling club, there are quite a few round by me so im spoilt for choice.

was yours nearest to your house? was it more ambitious? did it have the nicest team kit?

teletext45

I run a cycling club so not sure. We've been going around 3 months and have 20ish members so we must be doing something right

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
They were the nearest one that organised road races, time trials and audax events. After around 25 years as a member, I sort of belong.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm in two clubs, one official and one informal: Audax UK and CCFR ('CycleChat Forum Riders'). I joined AUK because I wanted to enter Audax events and receive their magazine. CCFR because I wanted motivation to get out more often on longer rides and I was fed up of riding alone all the time.

lukesdad

Choose the club that suits you. Forget the kit and how close it is. You may join a club and find its not for you. find another one. In the grand scheme of things club membership is not a big deal.Having been a founder member of one club and chairman of another and all things in between,I find smaller clubs are more personable but will lack the scope of larger clubs. It depends on what you are after. Having said that the club Im involved with now still manage to organise a sportive and the finest street races in Wales (shameless plug) with only around a 100 members.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Things seem extremely limited around here. There's a CTC, but I'm put off by their appauling website which implies terrible organisation.

Youd think there would be loads living in such a lovely area.

Things seem extremely limited around here. There's a CTC, but I'm put off by their appauling website which implies terrible organisation.

I wouldn't go by their Web site wrt the CTC, when I went along most of their members I think are the age that they'd be technophobes but their rides were well organised and they were a friendly bunch.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm in CTC and Audax UK.

Locally there's a few, but most only do Sunday runs - which counts me out. I'd love one which does Saturdays south of Leeds.

Also, the closest appears to deter riders; their contact details are available through the LBS and the two that were out today RLJ'd through the town in their club gear. Given that it's sponsored by the LBS it can't have promoted them well :blush:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur

It's not exactly state of the art, but not that bad. Or is that not the one you were thinking of?

Top Bottom