What really annoys me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
What really ****ing pisses me off is those stupid freeking test you get, which tell you how much weight you need to lose.
My GF, thinking she is getting fat did one, which told her she needs to lose between 5-7 pounds.
She isnt fat, has good leg muscle from her dancing and doesnt need to lose any weight.
Shes thinking shes fat.
I did the test, which asks you like 2 questions, what type of food do you like to eat, do you prefere to eat out, how often do you exersice(or something along those lines) and it comes up with your result.
5-7pounds is what i apparently need to lose.
So, she needs to lose the same as me, but she weighs slightly more(due to me being pretty skinny) but FFS, how can anyone beleive these so called 'tests' when they dont go on anything.
She goes on Wii Fit, and on the BMI chart shes near the top for her height.
It doesnt have a clue on how much muscle she has, and because she isnt that tall, says shes near over weight.
BOLLOCKS!!!!!
Wii Fit also thinks i am unfit.
I ****ing hate all these shitty tests that give the impression to people that they need to lose weight.
My GF isnt dumb, but like any other person, when they are worried about their weight one time and they do a test and its telling them to lose weight, it isnt going to make them feel any better.
The answer lies with why are they beleiving them, but ofcourse its going to be easy to when you look at yourself and think you are fat.
**** me, i sometimes think im fat!!! My weight changes from time to time, and i dont have much fat on me at all, but its one of those things.
No matter how much me saying to her she isnt fat and that the tests are rubbish will make her feel better. I tell her she has an amazing body, but sometimes when she(and it wont just be her) is in the mental thought that shes fat, she wont beleive me.
How many other women/guys are there out there, who are thinking these tests are true, and are actually forcing themself not to eat, and to exercise when really they are just fine?
Theres a girl who used to go to my school, who really is skinny, hardly any fat on her, and she would say she was fat, and actually beleive it!
*slams head on desk*
Im going to bed, night
(sorry if this doesnt make huge amounts of sence, its been typed in fury!)

buggi

Bird Saviour
Sorry mate... but she is stupid if she believes she is fat from that test.

tell her straight that if she doesn't stop being so stupid you will dump her fat ass :blush:

and tell her to stop buying beauty mags. they are all airbrushed in there and make you feel ugly.

bonj2

tamper with the scales, so they read as if you weigh less than you do. then if she's happy with her looks and weight, who's going to know any different...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I don't know ... wii fit has a place in some households that is the nearest they will get to exercise... its better than nothing:evil:

You could edit her height to make her taller so that she is further inside the BMI group she is in (gradually ... just a cm at a time). But I find that knowing I have some muscles from cycling is my excuse for being close to the line - a positive slant on it.

yello

It really does make you angry doesn't it?

Don't worry young man, it'll pale into insignificance as you get older. :blush:

Cubist

Still wavin'
What's even worse is the current thing in primary schools. In a bid to get our kids fitter and healthier they have weighed and measured all year 6 (11 yr olds) at our kids' school. Based ONLY on BMI they have declared that Cubester is "obese". In fact, they say he fits in the 98th centile for overweight kids. :blush: I've calculated his BMI to be at the upper end of the "normal" range, but they insist that no 11 year old should be that big.

Now, Cubester is big for his age, stands at 5'5", and weighs just over 9.5 stone. He is broad shouldered and deep chested with well-muscled legs and shoulders. He plays rugby, thinks nothing of cycling 15 or so miles off-road with the grown-ups at our local MTB club on hilly terrain, and happily cycles up the 1.5 mile 650ft ascent hill home from school. Most importantly he and his sister swim competitively for a well-recognised local club. Their training sessions last an hour, in which time the training schedule will have made them cover some 2500 to 2800 metres. He does that twice or three times a week. He's currently badgering me to take him out all day on the bikes. Both he and his sister are very fit indeed, and I can't remember the last time I saw either of them struggle for either strength or stamina
We have been given advice to "make him get a more exercise" and have suggested we encourage him to "walk more":angry:

FFS

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Challenge them to set a test against some of the other pupils and see who comes out on top:evil:.

Jim_Noir

And folks wonder how young women get eating disorders? My OH, like most females, thinks she is too fat... but there is nothing I can say or do that will get this idea out her head.

These magazines like heat etc are to blame... they have photos of girls saying "she is too fat" when she's not... then one saying so and so is too thin. There was one sitting in the kitchen in work and I had a read at it while making my breakfast... it was saying how it's ok to be a bigger size and that it was more the standard... this was a size 10 them where taling about... a size 10 ffs is small... a 14 is more the avrage standard is it not

buggi

Bird Saviour
Cubist said:
What's even worse is the current thing in primary schools. In a bid to get our kids fitter and healthier they have weighed and measured all year 6 (11 yr olds) at our kids' school. Based ONLY on BMI they have declared that Cubester is "obese". In fact, they say he fits in the 98th centile for overweight kids. :smile: I've calculated his BMI to be at the upper end of the "normal" range, but they insist that no 11 year old should be that big.

Now, Cubester is big for his age, stands at 5'5", and weighs just over 9.5 stone. He is broad shouldered and deep chested with well-muscled legs and shoulders. He plays rugby, thinks nothing of cycling 15 or so miles off-road with the grown-ups at our local MTB club on hilly terrain, and happily cycles up the 1.5 mile 650ft ascent hill home from school. Most importantly he and his sister swim competitively for a well-recognised local club. Their training sessions last an hour, in which time the training schedule will have made them cover some 2500 to 2800 metres. He does that twice or three times a week. He's currently badgering me to take him out all day on the bikes. Both he and his sister are very fit indeed, and I can't remember the last time I saw either of them struggle for either strength or stamina
We have been given advice to "make him get a more exercise" and have suggested we encourage him to "walk more":angry:

FFS

FFS ... what kind of idiots are they employing. i'd put in an official complaint!

it's not what shape you are, it's what shape you in.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I called in to see her today because on the club ride we were going past(well, me and a mate in the club going for a ride in Derbyshire) and had a quick chat.
She still thinks she needs to losemore weight, and is going on a diet. Shes gone on diets before, but they dont last long.
I know how she can lose more weight if she needed, but i never feel like i should say anything.
Her and her parents will sit eating chocolate or have a bag of crisps or some other food like that between them in the evening, at about 20:00/21:00.
She gets her 5 portions of fruit/veg a day, but she does eat some crap.
They have fish and chips from the chippy on a friday, pretty much every friday.
She doesnt need to lose any.
Oh, and as for pictures, ill put the picture up of me and her at her prom, so you can all see me looking a twat in a suit, and her looking amazing in her dress

yenrod

Joe24 said:
I'll put the picture up of me and her at her prom, so you can all see me looking a twat in a suit

Joe, youve surpassed yourself - allowing all of us to call you a TWAT in a suit - :ohmy: :biggrin:

Only joking :sad: :biggrin:

Top Bottom