What really happens at a Cyclocross race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am in here today because it is "Dare to be Different Day". ;)

dodgy

I've never been able to undestand cyclo cross, I can't think of anything worse (cycling related) than riding around a (usually) wet and muddy field.
Maybe the CXers think the same of the other bike disciplines!

Dave.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Honestly Dave it's a right buzz. Short, sharp workout with a big bunch of likeminded people, technical/ nadgery bits, lots of mud, always a race going on even if you're at the back, really intense, as serious/not serious as you like, a natter afterwards and home in time for bullseye.

And, at this time of year, you can pretty much race twice a weekend if you fancy it......

it's a right laugh.

trio25

Über Member
I never fancied it but then I tried it! It's so much fun! Only an hour but its such a hard workout. Everyone is so friendly and no finishing ages after the winners because I am slow!

yenrod

dan_bo said:
Honestly Dave it's a right buzz. Short, sharp workout with a big bunch of likeminded people, technical/ nadgery bits, lots of mud, always a race going on even if you're at the back, really intense, as serious/not serious as you like, a natter afterwards and home in time for bullseye.

And, at this time of year, you can pretty much race twice a weekend if you fancy it......

it's a right laugh.

Though I will say further to my earlier comments - its a cracking day of keeping fit in the off-season...

Also you've got to work on Longers starting racing: he'd make a cracker !

yenrod

dan_bo said:
You're not wrong yenners; He'd easily be cat 2 within a year.

There's a CX race over in aigburth tomorrow 2pm- you havin a go or what?

As much as I dont know him well as i only met him for a few hours but..he was saying you race and about the cyclo-x stuff too.

Ive been down to the Aigburth race, prior years.

Its a good circuit to get into 'in our area' as there are races now Manchester/Merseyside/Lancs..etc..so its a nice regime - cheap entry and keeps the spritis up if you are missing the changangs etc...

All the best Dan !

Top Bottom