what recumbent dealers/shops are there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I got my trike from D-Tek in Little Thetford, near Ely (Cambridgeshire) and he had a lot of different bikes and trikes to try.

We bought a second-hand Trice from a chap in Leeds who seems to sell quite a few recumbents second hand (bikes and trikes). He had a cellar full of 'em and periodically advertises them for sale on VeloVision, I think.

Catrike UK who frequents this Parish has a range of trikes and bikes

Otherwise it will depend where you live!

Oop North is a big area...... You have Ben at Kineticsin Glasgow, the slightly confusing West Country recumbents (who aren't as they are in Derbyshire) stockists of Greenspeed. Norman Fay is on South Shields, Tyne and Wear and stocks Challenge cycles and Trices

Of course - none of this si really helpful as London is probably closer which brings you back to London recumbents, DTek, and Bikefix

Apart from that its down Sarf for you, my boy!

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Cunobelin said:
Catrike UK who frequents this Parish has a range of trikes and bikes

Otherwise it will depend where you live!

Oop North is a big area...... You have Ben at Kineticsin Glasgow, the slightly confusing West Country recumbents (who aren't as they are in Derbyshire) stockists of Greenspeed. Norman Fay is on South Shields, Tyne and Wear and stocks Challenge cycles and Trices

Of course - none of this si really helpful as London is probably closer which brings you back to London recumbents, DTek, and Bikefix

Apart from that its down Sarf for you, my boy!

ah yes bikefix that's the one i was looking for. they've got the best range of them

I guess if i was getting one i'd be going to london...:sad:

bonj said:
ah yes bikefix that's the one i was looking for. they've got the best range of them

I guess if i was getting one i'd be going to london...:sad:

To be quite honest you would pass DTek on the way down... better range and better test facilities!

Back to the Speed Machine...it is to do with bringing the arms and legs within the body profile thus improving the aerodynamics. It does work and is not as uncomfortable or impractical as it looks.

The same concept was used on the Kingcycle, Peter Ross used similar on the Speed Ross, and ICE have it as an option on the new B1 and B2

829243.JPG

dscf2578.jpg

b1_3_b.jpg

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Cunobelin said:
To be quite honest you would pass DTek on the way down... better range and better test facilities!

yep, cheers, i've emailed them.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

also how necessary is rear suspension on a recumbent - does it really jar your back if you don't have it and you go over a bumpy bit of road?

and are 'bent bikes (not trikes) that hard to balance? I suspect the answer will be 'no, you get used to it dead easy', but just wonder why you get so many trikes around...
I quite like the idea of the lower-slung ones like fujin sl II/hurricane sport/hp speed machine.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Rhythm Thief said:
He still owes me £45 for a Moulton APB bag. The thieving bugger. I don't bear him a grudge though cos it is a fantastic shop and he let me have a go on a Windcheetah and a Kingcycle.
I still owe him £75 for a paid of Trice Sidepods although he's supposed to be sending me a tool for extracting my chainring so I can fit a guard. I think with Kevin it's wise to remind him of things. I'll remind him about the sidepods next time I visit...

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
bonj said:
also how necessary is rear suspension on a recumbent - does it really jar your back if you don't have it and you go over a bumpy bit of road?
I can only speak for my own experience on a trike which has rear suspension and my husband's which doesn't. Generally the rear suspension seems to us to be a nice extra. He could retro-fit it for £350 but doesn't feel that's necessary as he runs a Big Apple tyre at the back. However I am glad to have the suspension. Even big potholes don't really jar in a painful way but they can jiggle you so if you're talking your voice hitches.

and are 'bent bikes (not trikes) that hard to balance? I suspect the answer will be 'no, you get used to it dead easy', but just wonder why you get so many trikes around...
I can't comment on bikes as I haven't ridden one but there are other reasons that people might pick a trike rather than a bike, as I'm sure you're aware. People with balancing difficulties, obviously, or who are very sure they don't want to fall off (me).

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I have rear suspension on the Hurricane, but I don't think I'll have any on the next bike I buy. I want to go light weight given the hills on the way home on my commute.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
AFAIK the baron is a very good bike, but getting older now and not particularly light. The Fujin is very highly rated, and is one of my choices for next bike, though I'm not very enamoured of Challenge customer service.

Top Bottom