What seat post bag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
The mini pump should come with a bike mount which will fix to the bike using the water bottle fittings underneath the water bottle holder, that's how I carry mine, I think they are too big to fit inside a seat post bag. I use Topeak seat post bags with a quick release clamp to carry my spare inner tube, tools in etc and just change the size of the bag I have to suit the ride I am going to do. Without going to look, the Topeak bags have elastic underneath to carry a pump, but I feel that they are not too secure.

But as for seat post bags, these have caught my eye which someone posted a link too the other day on the forum and that is probably what I will buy in the future, as the price is better and also there quick release without having to fit clamps to the saddle.

Alternatively you can carry the pump, innertube and tools in the back pocket of a cycling shirt for shorter rides like a lot of riders do.

I have a Topeak Aero Wedge Pack, large (1.5l, expands to 2l), which straps onto the saddle very quickly with qr buckles. It holds my Lezyne pump, which is 18.5cm, but I've just measured it and it should just about take a 21cm. It also holds mobile, inner tube, puncture kit, multi tool, tyre levers, 2 chewy bars, swiss army knife, house key and some zip ties! It will expand as well, which allows me to shove in some gloves and a hat, but not quite my waterproof. Top quality piece of kit. For longer day rides I use a Vaude 12 litre seat post bag which has a frame which snaps onto a seat post bracket.
www.topeak.com/products/Bags/AeroWedgePack_large_velcro

MajorMantra

I wouldn't put the pump in the bag either. I have a proper road pump on the downtube and keep a spare tube, levers, puncture kit, multitool, power link and chain tool in a saddle bag. Until recently it was a cheapo lidl/aldi one but I got a Topeak Aero Wedge (micro) in my Christmas stocking and it'll hold all that at a push.

Matthew

Top Bottom