What sex is Gok?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
simon l& and a half said:
I'm a Gok fan. But why do we assume he's gay?

Well according to Wikipedia...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gok_Wan

Personal life
Gok Wan lives in London and is openly gay. He mentioned this on the June 29 2007, on Channel 4 UK's show 8 out of 10 cats "I would do Tony Blair" - although stating that both Gordon Brown and Tony Blair are "mingers".

Hmm, interesting tastes...!

Wikipedia also says that he used to be 21 stone.
Perhaps he thus has some insight/sympathy to others with self-image issues then.
Or it could be that he's just using these people to make cheap, nasty exploitative telly.

Dunno, doubtless he's a celebrity creature, likes having a telly program, etc but he seems a lot different to the awful 'Dr' Gillian, to have a real, positive effect on the people on the show.

he may well be gay; I was questioning the assumption made not a few times in the course of this conversation.

I recall that there was a hairdresser on one of the earlier make-over programmes who was almost as camp as Gok. But not gay.

simoncc

Gok needs serious fashion advice himself. Why hasn't anyone told him that wearing trousers as low as he does is strictly for teenage boys slouching morosely around shopping centres, not men of his age?

simoncc said:
Gok needs serious fashion advice himself. Why hasn't anyone told him that wearing trousers as low as he does is strictly for teenage boys slouching morosely around shopping centres, not men of his age?

I've now added braces to the brown overcoat and Timpsons sandals that adorn my identikit picture of CC

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
goo_mason said:
There's a marvellous phrase in Roger's Profanisaurus, "McKeith's Handbag". I must look it up when I get home and post the definition. It's got something to do with her unhealthy obsession with getting up close and personal with tupperware tubs containing fresh helpings of Douglas....

OK: from Roger's Profanisaurus - The Magna Farta edition

McKeith's handbag, smells like
sim. Anything that ronks of sh1t,
as one imagines the previously mentioned
comedy PhD-ed turd-tamperer's accessories
must. Also Oaten's briefcase.

Abitrary

simon l& and a half said:
I've now added braces to the brown overcoat and Timpsons sandals that adorn my identikit picture of CC

Don't forget the light blue nylon shirt tucked into y-fronts, trying to persuade staff at places like Argos that he can use his nectar card there.

simoncc

Abitrary said:
Don't forget the light blue nylon shirt tucked into y-fronts, trying to persuade staff at places like Argos that he can use his nectar card there.

So you and Simon 1.5 are low slung trouser wearers? I do enjoy seeing grown men dressed up as teenagers. They are figures of fun that give everyone else a chuckle.

By the way, you don't have to persusade staff at Argos to let them use your Nectar card. They have big signs up reminding you to do just that.

Abitrary

simoncc said:
So you and Simon 1.5 are low slung trouser wearers? I do enjoy seeing grown men dressed up as teenagers. They are figures of fun that give everyone else a chuckle.

Yes I do wear low slung jeans depending on the occasion, and what else I'm wearing. At least they're not the elasticated waistband woolworth jeans that you wear half way up your belly.

But at least your interest in Gok Wan and Trinny and Susannah from a couple of weeks back shows that you are watching the right television in your free time, and we might see an improvement soon.

Top Bottom