What to do with a bean bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I took this massive, ugly-looking, browny-green bean bag from my step-mother, almost as a favour because she'd been so kind to me. I don't want it. It's cluttering up my small flat. I haven't got a car so I can't take it to the tip. It's too big to carry very far. She said to give it away to a good cause if I didn't want it. I don't know why she bought it in the first place, but it cost £100. So what do I do with it?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
sit on it.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Freecycle looks interesting, cheers. I'm not sure I want to try e-baying it as I'm not sure I can be arsed trying to post it. Trying to post anything big always seems a frustrating experience, and expensive too.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yellow Fang said:
Freecycle looks interesting, cheers. I'm not sure I want to try e-baying it as I'm not sure I can be arsed trying to post it. Trying to post anything big always seems a frustrating experience, and expensive too.

No, just open it, and send it in installments. To be kind, send the folded bag first. To be mean, send all the beans.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I hadn't even thought about opening it up. Yes, that is a possibility. Perhaps I could hold a guess the weight of the bean bag competition, for 10p a go. Whoever guesses closest gets it.

Mr Pig

For f*** sake don't open it! Have you ever seen what happens when you let those tiny polystyrene balls loose? You'll still be picking them up in your next life.

karen.488walker

Send it to me! We took delivery of our bed and sofa in Switz. today for my husband to be offered a job in London 30 mins after delivery! We are back in the SE a week on Monday with no bed and no sofa to sit on.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
You can have it provided you pick it up, or work out a way I can wrap it up and get it down the post office.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
funnily we're just looking for 3 large beanbags to populate the boys games room. I'm in Farnborough and we could collect, assuming it's in ok nick etc. PM me if you're interested and give me an idea of how much you want...cheers....Al

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Mr Pig said:
For f*** sake don't open it! Have you ever seen what happens when you let those tiny polystyrene balls loose? You'll still be picking them up in your next life.

+1. my kids opened up the smallest of bean bags, and we're still finding them around the house 3 months later…

I love my beanbags - just replaced my two old ones with stylish new models. Denim this time. Not quite as floppy and comfy as one of the old ones, but miles better than the other one and at least they now match!

papercorn2000

We have a huuuuge one in the School's Sensory room. Kids love it - as do staff. It would take up about half of my front room!

Top Bottom