What to do with a million euro.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just been informed via e-mail that I've won a million.
Phoned the number that was on the e-mail, withheld mine.
They have my details, but require that I reply via e-mail confirming these.
I have two names & one address in Belgium.

Never having done the Euro lottery can anyone say what the tickets are like. I have a rough idea, just that there is a batch number & a serial number given.

Anyone else get this one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nah, I had one from HMRC this morning telling me I was due £488 rebate...'log in here etc'.....yeh right !!!

I got one of these some months ago:
The National Lottery

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of
(1,000,000.00 pounds) held on 20th of November 2008. The selection process was
carried out through random selection in our computerized email
selection system from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from
which you were selected.

To file your claims please contact your fiduciary agent

Dr: ALICE ARTHUR
Email: ******************
PHONE:+447023088577

Your Full Details

FULLNAME:.................................
SEX:......................................
AGE.......................................
NATIONALITY......................................
OCCUPATION.......................................
PHONE............................................
Yours faithfully,

Mike Willis
Online coordinator for
The National Lottery

A little later, I got one of these:
Hello,

I am Mr Moses Achili, one of they top staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) where all foreign funds are kept in a vault. After witnessing all manners of immorality and corruption going on in our banking sectors, I decided to strike a deal with the woman in charge of the Foreign Department Voucher to release the Bank Foreign Payment Confirmation Hard Disk with a promise to give her 7% after the owner of the funds must have claimed his/her funds. I entered into an agreement with my friend who works with a bank in London to assist me release this fund through their bank server by using the Confirmation hard disk, he accepted the offer in request of 10% percent of the total amount involved while my very self will settle down with 20% percent, the rest of the funds will be yours so are you in or out. I am presently in London with the confirmation disk waiting to hear from you for immediate release of your funds.

You may find it very difficult to understand but it is the truth, you should be wondering why after all the series of fees paid to conclude this transaction yet nothing was paid to you rather you keep spending to the extent of borrowing and selling off your properties to satisfy those crooks whom presented themselves as angels later turned out to be Wolves in sheep’s clothing. I don’t blame you for all the misfortune suffered in the hands of those crooks, there mode of opreration starts cooly then when you start paying to there series of on existing fees, taxes, levies and other unsolicited and abnormal fees, they will use different methods to enhance there tricks, most times they will instigate fake wire transfer which after some days they will prepare a stop order with another name, email and telephone number to extend there extortion. This crooks advanced to the level of impersonating on the name of the FBI, HOMELAND SECURITY COUNCIL, EFCC, POLICE FORCE and other paramilitary security organizations to intimidate there victims to keep paying them until either death or bankruptcy will stop you from patronizing them. Most times you will be issued with a debit card which you will withdraw some token amount, that will put you in state of confusion as they will use that opportunity to milk you dry or they will introduce a financier which also you will be the person to suffer it at the end of the day, there is nothing good about them

Finally, you should just give this benefit of doubt with utmost confidentiality, you have the right to come in person if you desire, documents of fund relocation will be issued, it will enable you fill all the genuine obligation guiding this transaction. I wish to reiterate you that, you will continue spending until you get crazy about the whole issue but now you have the opportunity to get your funds within three days of full filling the rightful obligation once for ever. Don’t expose this secret rather use it to save yourself from further mess in the hands of your captors. You will be adviced on what to provide once you respond to this mail.

Best regards,
Mr Moses Achili
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

andyfromotley

I know that my you almost certainly know this anyway, but if you are one of the tiny percentage of people who dont realise this: Its a scam. Reply giving them gordon browns details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
fossyant said:
Nah, I had one from HMRC this morning telling me I was due £488 rebate...'log in here etc'.....yeh right !!!
I had one that said I was due a £500 rebate - logged in to the HMRC site and - yes - I am due £580!

andyfromotley said:
I know that my you almost certainly know this anyway, but if you are one of the tiny percentage of people who dont realise this: Its a scam. Reply giving them gordon browns details.
...and be very careful about even doing that ... don't reply using your home E-mail of course! There are many popular 'scam-baiting' sites around, this is probably one of the best known:
http://www.419eater.com/
Well worth having a look at the tips on their site.

The only safe option is, delete the E-mail at once. Don't click on any links on it!

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Never having done it, I don't have any idea how I'd win it.
But he was a little put out by the fact that i'd phoned him.
One number listed on a follow-up e-mail was a Leeds number. Dead of course.

postman

Legendary Member
Leeds number eh.

Just watch out how many chatters here in Leeds need new bikes?

Did it start 0113-oh it's gone dead.

(Think of another scam by tonight)

Wigsie

Nincompoop
andyfromotley said:

:biggrin::ohmy:

Never Reply! if you click any of the links on the email or reply they can track/record it and you will put on a 'dummies list' and marke as a gullible target so you will only ever get more and more junk and spam mails.

ChrisKH

Guru
dellzeqq said:
I had one that said I was due a £500 rebate - logged in to the HMRC site and - yes - I am due £580!

Make sure you claim it online. You do physically (well not physically, but via a number of keystrokes) have to say "Yes, please".

Top Bottom