What to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Ok, I need some advice.

I've got a little fan club. Well, 2 kids, around 13 yrs old, doing a paper round on my route home.

It started with heckling for about 4 days, which I ignored becaused Alison Moyet was taking 1st place in my ears, then it went to waving his arms in front of me and shouting. Last night the one lad kicked out at me on the bike. I'm ashamed to say I did shout 'eff off' - a reaction.

Tonight he has took the trouble to run out of someone's path, across a busy road and again try and kick me/the bike.

What do I do? These kids (to be fair it's only the one) are putting me in harms way.

1. nip into the local paper shop and have a word
2. Change route
2. Get my big mate from work to follow me home
3. Tell the police

I'm a bit of a sensitive soul and don't like confrontation. I've been doing the same route for 10 years and no hassle and it is stressing me.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'd say do '1' first, then '3'....

If you have the guts/size, you might be able to pull off stopping, getting off, drawing yourself up to your full height, and scaring the sh1t out of the little sod with a rant, but you can bet someone would see it, and assume you started it, and the kid would plead doin' nuffin, 'onest.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
The kid knows that if you do anything he has you. He can go to the law and your feet won't toch the ground. They have all the rights but no responsibility. I would have a word with the papershop owner but the youth can just say you have been picking on him or even say you have hit him. Get a witness to see the little scrote in action. Hopefully that should be enough for the shop owner. Unfortunately the law is on his side as he is a child and he wiil use it to get out of any situation you put him in unless you can prove it. Head cam or CCTV would work. Only thing to look forward is, is that he won't keep his paper round for long. He'll either get the sack or fed up of getting up in the mornings.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sort it out in person little s**s like that grow up to be even bigger ones.

Definitely 1. if you do not feel up to sorting it out yourself.

Get a pepper spray..........:rolleyes:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Borrow my MTB, it's still got spiked tyres on and run over him.........lots of times.

Did I say that ? :wacko:

Do number 1 - cos he will be busted as they all cover a specific area. Then make sure they appologise (in person) to you at a time that suits you in the shop !

Then tell the kid you know someone who will lend you a bike with spiked tyres if he tries it again ! :tongue:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Borrow my MTB, it's still got spiked tyres on and run over him.........lots of times.

Did I say that ? :wacko:

Do number 1 - cos he will be busted as they all cover a specific area. Then make sure they appologise (in person) to you at a time that suits you in the shop !

Then tell the kid you know someone who will lend you a bike with spiked tyres if he tries it again ! :tongue:

AS does mine, we can do it in Convoy , anyone else ?

PBancroft

Go a different route for a week or two, he'll soon forget, then carry on the old route like nothing happened. If you see him again he won't have time to be prepared and you can just wave jovially. That will throw him off kilter and you'll be off.

Top Bottom