Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hybrid

• Grifter

• Other (please state)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Odyssey

Being new to the forum it would be interesting to see what people mostly ride. I'm getting the impression that the majority may be 'roadies', but I could be wrong?

I'm an MTBer myself, all terrain, I'm not fussy. Keen to do some touring in the future. I like to have something you can throw about though so it would take a hell of a lot to convert me to road bikes, even hybrid.

stevenb

Used to be a MTB'er....now a full on Roadie...although I still have my Trek with both off road and road sets of wheels.
:blush:

Zoiders

Put your hands in the air and step away from the conversation

The roadie V MTB thing has been done to death

Some people ride road bikes(I do sometimes) only, some ride crossers, some ride tourers, some ride slicked up rigid MTBs(I do) some ride fixies(me too), some ride folders, all I will say is that you should ride a bike that is fit for what you need it to do, this can cover a wide range of jobs, some are specefic in the type of bike needed, many are overlapping in bike type

As long as we all ride bikes then we are as one, other divisons are pointless in the larger scheme of things

wafflycat

Each to their own. I much prefer being on-road to off-road. Got a road bike, tourer, hybrid & recumbent trike. Got nothing against anyone doing off-road; it's just not *my* thing

I ticked the MTB box ... But ?

My hardtail MTB has just had a set of slicks put on it as im doing alot more on the road now and i dont think it'l be too long before im riding one of those skinny wheeled bikes :sad:

Simon

OP
OP
O

Odyssey

Zoiders said:
The roadie V MTB thing has been done to death

I didn't mean it as a roadie vs MTB debate, I was just curious who rode what, it's nice to know who you're talking to. It's also nice to know there's not a lot of labelling goes on though.

fuzzymum1

I'm only just getting into cycling having tried it a few years ago and not really enjoyed it. I ride a recumbent trike and I'm loving it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Mostly road, but I have an mtb I use from time to time when the fancy takes me... bridleways, ncn off road, etc. Also commute on my mtb, as it only cost me 30 quid (plus the 70 I've spent on it since) and I don't want my roadie nicked....

longers

Legendary Member
Hello Odyssey,
I ride a hybrid as a commuter/utility bike/beast of burden and ride a road bike mainly at the weekends (but not over winter).

My mtb is gathering dust :sad:.

col

Legendary Member
Hi odyssey,i ride a mountain bike with slicks on,well not a slick on the back,a sort of smooth road tyre,the main reason being,the wheels on it are more able to take the pot holes and bumps in the road,its more robust to the bad condition of the roads than a thin wheeled road bike.im even thinking of putting drops on it,so i get the road position,more slipstream into headwinds ect,but keeping the strength on the mtb.

Zoiders

Fnaar said:
Mostly road, but I have an mtb I use from time to time when the fancy takes me... bridleways, ncn off road, etc. Also commute on my mtb, as it only cost me 30 quid (plus the 70 I've spent on it since) and I don't want my roadie nicked....
That isnt how it works old chap

Leave a thousand pounds worth of tourer and one hundred quids worth of MTB locked up next to each other and nine times out of ten the chav mong will steal the MTB

MTBs are "cool" you see

Targeted theft of road bikes is rare, oportunistic chav scum stealing bikes to sell for next to nowt to buy drugs is almost the rule, they think MTBs are the only bikes of value

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Flat barred bikes give me pains in my hands, so it's drops all the way. Happy owner of one tourer and one audax bike.

I once owned a hybrid, but we went our separate ways after a few awkward months.

Top Bottom