What wattage do you think you put out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well as I don't have a powermeter I don't know. But using this site

http://www.kreuzotter.de/english/espeed.htm

you can get a bit of an estimate. So using some of my ride data, I figure

Max sustainable output is about 250watts (using a hill gradient I know)
Average output is about 136 watts (using a few flattish rides I do)

Which all in all seems quite paltry :biggrin: No wonder I need lower gears. Not quite in the Chris Hoy/Victoria Pendleton league. What do you get?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I punched in data for sea level, no wind, no slope, cadence of 90 and the correct stuff for my height/weight etc.

I then chose 20.5mph which is my best average for the last 5 miles of my trip home (took a while before the gps picked up the satellites on my just under 6 mile trip home one day, now I start it running at the same place so I can compare)..

It said 356 Watts. :smile:

From memory the hour record attempt book (Michael Hutchinson IIRC) talked about averaging 450 Watts..... it seems I've some way to go. :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
I don't have a power meter and can't be arsed to do any calculations, but I'd take a rough guess at 2.3 kW.

RedBike

Using the I-magic I can average about 300w for 30minsl but this is a HARD effort.

Well I could of sworn it was 300watts but you've got me questioning this with your max output being 250w

OP
OP
C

Crackle

RedBike said:
Using the I-magic I can average about 300w for 30minsl but this is a HARD effort.

Well I could of sworn it was 300watts but you've got me questioning this with your max output being 250w

So if you put in your I-magic ride do you get the same wattage back from the website?

Also that max is a sustainable one i.e. it's over a hill climb, I'm probably capable of peaking a bit higher. The average was over a 41 mile loop. I have no idea how accurate that website is and you may well be a much stronger rider than me.

Since I fitted a cadence sensor I've only had one ride on that bike a 29 miler along the coast/ nearly flat that ride calculates at 271w. Using the same cadence and using a 2% grade for yesterday's ride 57miles (The Edge says a max of 14%) on my flat bar was apparently 1.555 Kw. I missed typed an entry, it should have been 307w :smile:
I'll be playing about with the site for a while :biggrin:

Top Bottom