what would be classed as a good time for 10 miles??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Bit under half an hour?

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

Steve Austin said:
Anything between 20 to 25 would be a good time.
Less than 20 and you are going to be challenging some of the best out there

Really?

sorry for the naive questions , ive never really followed cycling. I just always enjoyed it myself.

Young Un

Yup, I would agree with Steve,

I am going to start time Trialing this year, and my target time for the end of the season is a 30minute 10, which I will be very happy with considering I am only 14, and if I reach my target early on, then I will try for a 28.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It depends. If David Millar did 10 miles in 23 minutes it'd be a crap time, if I did it then it'd be a very good one.

As a starting point 30 minutes is a fair target.

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

palinurus said:
It depends. If David Millar did 10 miles in 23 minutes it'd be a crap time, if I did it then it'd be a very good one.

As a starting point 30 minutes is a fair target.

well i had to google david millar lol

seems to be more about drug use than anything else

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

Thanks for all your replies , very interesting

Ive got another thread running in the beginners part to find myself a bike as i have been doing my 10 miles on a borrowed bike.

OP
OP
I

iwanttoridebike

Chuffy said:
What are you doing at the moment?

Hi

i started off around the 29 minute mark and have clawed myself down to 20:59 , my last try was however 21:50. Ive not been back in to it long and really would like to do the best i can with this and i know i have alot more to offer on my times. Its just finding the right bike for me and the training. I do not really know alot about cycling at all , ive just always had an interest but only as me as a rider. Never really followed on tv or anything like that.

Top Bottom