what would you do if....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclenic

What would you do it the job you'd always wanted to do while growing up, but couldn't, had vacancies?
but as the years have passed you've found a new career, which your enjoying and want to move on through the ranks?:rofl:

cchapman

cyclenic said:
What would you do it the job you'd always wanted to do while growing up, but couldn't, had vacancies?
but as the years have passed you've found a new career, which your enjoying and want to move on through the ranks?:rofl:

I guess now that you've grown up you are in the happy position of moving through the ranks, (being mindful of the fact that not everybody has a job, and that not everybody who has a job enjoys what they are doing)

OP
OP
cyclenic

cyclenic

No not at all, when i was in school 6 years ago, i knew exactly what i wanted to do. an overprotective boyfriend, and no vacancies ment i looked for something else.
been in this job now for 4 years, and want to move on and do different roles in the job.
but, i've still always had a draw to the job i always wanted to do.

just not sure which route to go down.
plus there's no saying i'll even get the job?!

Catrike UK said:
No, you may apply for it and shatter the dream. :angry::evil:

Unlikely!

buggi

Bird Saviour
at least apply for it, or you will always wonder what if. if you get it, you can decide then.

same here. wanted to be an RSPCA inspector. everytime the job came up was usually with a bloke who didn't want me to move away. so many times i held the application in my hand and decided not to send it

where am i now..?

no bloke (they weren't so committed after all) and a job that's ok but not really "my calling". what kind of idiot am i?

so i'm keeping a no bloke rule at the moment to see what happens.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Go for it!! no question... life is too short, had a recent tragedy (which i wont mention - totally different forum) which has taught me to cherish what you have and enjoy life.

Do you want to go through life wondering 'what if'????

Some of my closest friend have had overprotective boyfriends and it can (and did) waste large sections of their twenties!

TWBNK

If my assumptions are correct in what sort of work you do now, I would certainly say that it is far too easy to get stuck.

I am in a job that I love but sometimes I just want to be doing something else - I am at the wrong end of the pay progression to be able to do that. In fact I see myself doing the same job for another twenty six years :sad:

Go for it - get out while you can.

Alex

(thiswillbenothingkid)

Top Bottom