Whats a resaonable asking price for a TREK 1200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I've been given the go ahead by SWMBO to buy a couple of nice shiny new bikes xx(

She's letting me splash out on a Focus Cayo (for bestest) and a cheapy hardtail MB for trail riding with her and the kids.

Only caveat is I have to sell my existing 3 year old Trek 1200. It's a Tiagra equiped 9sp double (53-39), the wheels are less than 12 month old Fulcrum Racing 7s .

It's been used pretty much everyday, and has some fairly minor cosmetic battle damage/staining to the paintwork but is in fine mechanical condition.

Any thoughts on what a reasonable asking price is before I throw it to the e-bay wolves?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
£5. I'll take it off your hands to stop all the hassle.

Nice bloke, me. xx(:biggrin:

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
My initial thoughts were that it would go for about the £300 mark, and this is the ball park figure i've mentioned to a mate at work who is somewhat interested in the bike.

However I dont want to either ask an unreasonable amount, or rip off a mate; but looking at e-bay prices I think if I was to ask £350 I would'nt be stiffing him, and I would be in the right location for a decent MB; or should I be asking more/less?

Top Bottom