Whats the best padded cycle shorts for women?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monkspeed

My wife recently bought some Dare 2B ones from the Debenhams sale, they have a really nice pad inside (actually so nice that I sometimes nick them shhhhh).

:biggrin:

I believe it was these: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs..._56707+DWJ030+A_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtdare+2b

But order the next size up as my wife is a 10/12 but she got a 14 and it is a tight fit around the thighs.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've got DHB 3/4 bibs that are lovely and comfy, and a couple of pairs of Endura padded liner shorts that are superb under everything I've tried them with, from MTB shorts to jeans.

yello

Some like them, some prefer other brands.

If it were me I'd decide a budget, see what's around at that price point, read some reviews... then take a gamble!

For what it's worth, my wife wears (and likes) Pearl Izumi.

vickster

Legendary Member
Another here for Pearl Izumi. Also have Gore and Sugoi tights that are ok for my usual distances, 10-15 miles

Apparently commando is good for avoiding friction, and also Sudocreme

Doug.

Veteran
Looking at a full length photo. of you I would suggest shorts that are well padded and dare I suggest "fart proof".
That is shorts that are reinforced in the back side area.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I like Endura shorts and also Pearl Izumi. The Pearl Izumis seem to be a bit see-through, though that might be 'cos I probably need the next size up and have had them about 5 years! :whistle:

Top Bottom