What's the biggest breed of dog in the world?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Because today I saw what was easily the biggest dog I've ever laid my eyes on. It was ENORMOUS! It was on a lead being walked down Cheetham Hill Road in Manchester and was that big, the owner could quite easily have put a saddle on its back and ridden in home as it was as big as a reasonable-sized horse! It was quite a lean dog, white with a couple of darker patches on its body and a big slobbery face and the guy on the other side of the lead looked a bit dodgy; you know, a "big hard dog" kind of person. It also wasn't that well behaved as it stood up on its hind legs and put its paws on the shoulders of the guy walking it who looked quite scared of it and its power. I was very glad I was in a car as this monstrous thing did not look under control at all. I'm also glad I didn't have to find the money to pay for its food as not only did it look like a horse, it also looked like it could eat like one as well. So, anyone know what is the world's biggest breed of dog?

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Great Dane?

wafflycat

largest_dog.jpg

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User1314 said:
Digby was the biggest Dog in the world.

Oh I think not xx( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_the_Big_Red_Dog

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
wafflycat said:

I've seen many Great Danes and though I wouldn't definitely say the one yesterday wasn't one, it looked even bigger than the ones I have seen. In relation to the guy in the photo above, the dog was bigger although it could be because at one point it stood up on it's hind legs and raised it's front legs in the air so the effect of that was to make it (seem) much taller, possibly. It was also almost all white and I've never seen a nearly-all white one before.

Top Bottom