What's the point

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

galaxy1

On Saturday night I rode into town and locked my bike up before going to meet some friends .When I returned I found somebody had tryed to steal it.There was no one there but there was a big chunk of paint missing plus the front mudguard is broken.Not being able to steal the bike they'd then decided to cut several of the spokes on the back wheel ..Oh and they've done something to the gears too!Whats the point ?Stealing the bike obviously but the back wheel and gears??And stupidly I'd left the lights on it too so they'd walked as well.I feel F***ing violated.
Looks like its the bus to work till I can get it fixed.Its exhausting being this furious!!...Rant over.:rolleyes::laugh:!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Man that stinks. It beggars belief really, the scrotes need their bollocks removed.
Almost worth getting a shitty scrap-heap clunker to ride into town that nobody's gonna want.
Sorry to hear the News Galaxy1.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
That sucks. I knew someone who had a bike stolen from outside the odeon in York about 20 years ago and still remembered it. Wasn't near any of the CCTV on Daveygate for a small chance I know of catching who did it?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just scum - it's like those idiots tha break into cars - instead of smashing a window, they will take a screwdriver to the lock and cause £100's of pounts of damage, to locks and bodywork.....rather than tap a window with a centre punch and it will shatter....

OP
OP
galaxy1

galaxy1

I'm not sure if there is any cctv on goodramgate .I shoud check it out.Theres lots I'd like to do if I found them...

Maz

Guru
Unlucky, there, galaxy. That's a real bummer.

However, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say what were you thinking locking your bike up in town on a Saturday night?

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Maz said:
However, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say what were you thinking locking your bike up in town on a Saturday night?

Sorry to be the one wielding the hatchet, Maz. But that's a very sad reflection on society, isn't it?

Commiserations, galaxy1.

fossyant

Alan H said:
Sorry to be the one wielding the hatchet, Maz. But that's a very sad reflection on society, isn't it?

Commiserations, galaxy1.

It is a sad reflection on society, but that is what it is like - I never leave my bikes anywhere other than in my locked garage at home, or secured at work on the bike stands (or if it's my road bike in the office).

The world if full of scum bags.... sad, but true !

domtyler

Über Member
Alan H said:

Commiserations, galaxy1.

Might be a sad reflection, but it is also one based in reality.

I would love to be able to leave my front door unlocked all the time too, but I don't, I take the sensible precaution of locking and bolting it.

OP
OP
galaxy1

galaxy1

In all the years that I've been riding.I've always been able to leave my bike (locked up of coarse) in town without anything happening to it..except this time.They didn't actually manage to nick it but the vindictive bastards just caused some damage.Yes its lost me some of my trust in society but overall I know its just a small group of people who get off on doing this kind of thing.

Danny

Legendary Member
Sad to read about this galaxy1. Like you, I have regularly left my bike in the centre of York without anything happening - even on Saturday night.

Sounds like it was kids who didn't really know what they were doing, or someone who was pissed and thought they would just "borrow" a bike to get home.

At night time I generally try and lock my bike to a rack that is in a busy location (e.g. outside M&S or Borders), in the hope that it will deter the kind of casual vanalism you've suffered.

I'd definitely ask the police to check the CCTV, but I suspect you will find that the police will say it is not worth it for "minor vandalism".

jely

what i find most disturbing is the fact that they felt they had to do damage to your bike just because they couldn't steal it... it really does worry me to think there are people out there who get so jealous of things they can't have, that they have to be destructive of other people's enjoyment. :sad:

fossyant

jely said:
what i find most disturbing is the fact that they felt they had to do damage to your bike just because they couldn't steal it... it really does worry me to think there are people out there who get so jealous of things they can't have, that they have to be destructive of other people's enjoyment. :sad:

Unfortunately people are like that - I see quite a few bikes that weren't stolen in Manchester that have then been badly vandalised - it's the same with cars.

Top Bottom