What's wrong with Metcheck?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Every time I go to the forecast page I get none of the little weather pictures and the following text:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range: '94'

/INCLUDES/GENERIC/FORECASTS/anyday_generic.asp, line 20

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Every time I go to the forecast page I get none of the little weather pictures and the following text:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range: '94'

/INCLUDES/GENERIC/FORECASTS/anyday_generic.asp, line 20

been like that for a few weeks ime

Svendo

Guru
XC Weather,very similar style to metcheck and I find doesn't overestimate rain quite as much. BBC uses metoffice data, more info on metoffice site.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
They're having serious technical problems at the moment.
They're working hard to resolve them (according to their Facebook page) but it sounds like major dramas at Metcheck towers.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
They're having serious problems with badly written software at the moment.
They're working hard to resolve them (according to their Facebook page) but it sounds like major dramas at Metcheck towers.

There we go, corrected that one for you
biggrin.gif

I use the met office and BBC websites. The BBC particularly is good for showing where it's going to rain in detail.

I find the BBC forecasts particularly crap. I have the Met Office app on my phone and you can literally watch the forecast changing during the day. I never bother with the BBC evening forecast for the following day now because by the next morning its usually all changed.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
In the end you can't beat a barometer and an eye for cloud formations. At least that will give you enough forecast to decide whether it's worth riding your bike or not!

snailracer

Über Member
Isn't Metcheck run by a person who has legal "issues"?
If the site doesn't work, it's probably because it isn't being maintained properly - maybe the bloke's back in jail, or too busy in court.

Top Bottom