Wheel building course

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Pottsy, 2 Feb 2011.

1. Pottsy

Pottsy ...

Hi.

Has anyone been on a wheel building course? One they could recommend or even let me know if there's one that they wouldn't.

I'm in SW London but I'm happy to travel a reasonable distance.

Thanks.

2. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

Would you settle for an e-book on the subject? This is really good value. http://www.wheelpro.co.uk/wheelbuilding/book.php

The wheels I built with it are still true several large potholes and 150 miles later.

3. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I think Goo Mason has been on the Edinburgh Bke Co-Op one (not sure if you have a branch near enough to you).

I'd second Greg's recommendation for Roger Musson's book - really very good, and includes plans to build truing stand from scrap timber.

The wheels I built with it have done some 2,000 miles plus, commuting & touring.

4. PpPete

PpPete Guru

Thirded...

5. monkeypony

monkeypony Active Member

We run a 3 day Wheel building course. May well be just what you're after if you can get out as far as Aylesbury.

6. OP
    OP
    Pottsy

Pottsy ...

Thanks all. I'll have a look at that book.

monkeypony - I'll check out the dates and have a think about that option, 3 days is a bit more than I expected!

7. OP
    OP
    Pottsy

Pottsy ...

Thanks - looks perfect. I have friends in Oxford who I visit occasionally so this could tie-in nicely.

8. pshore

pshore Well-Known Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice