When do you not cycle?

Not cycling because

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
When I don't feel like it.
Seriously, I cycled in today (got rained on) and I mostly cycled in when all the snow was about.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
How long will the unanimity last?!!

I should add that I also don't cylce if large amounts of snow have fallen, melted to form sheets of ice which freeze overnight to give a deadly slippery surface. This is rare though.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Where is the option for when pigs are flying....;) I cycle to work always. Other times I would be affected by the weather and decide whether I wanted to cycle or not depending whether I was feeling lazy. In some ways its nice to not really have to make that decision if you are always going to cycle to work. (OK I haven't been faced with bad black ice ... that probably would stop me).

PS. As I'm living in the south we probably have it easier than say up in Scotland.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
When I am Injured! still have not ridden much since car crash last month another physio later in the week so will try after that rain, snow or sun!

Generally though its more about mood with me. On the south coast so rarely too snowy or icey for riding and unless I am in a really bad mood I actually love riding in the rain!

when we had the really thick snow earlier this year i switched to the mountain bike for that one day. other than that i was on the road bike.

if its really heavy rain i'll combine my journeys into one outing and keep to essential journeys.

at the end of the day there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing and bad planning.

MichaelM

Guru
You appear to have omitted 2009 from the poll options!

montage

God Almighty
ICE - I would hate to damage my bikes ;) (having allready written off my first - expensive - frame)

BUT I am building a hack MTB....I guess I would take that out.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ice would be the clincher for me - although that's in a commuting context. If you're talking about riding just for fun, then I probably wouldn't set out in rain or strong wind, unless I had an arrangement to meet up with people.

grhm

Veteran
I've commuted in all those wether conditions - I won't let a little bit of weather get it the way. But the poll won't let me vote without selecting anything and they is no "nothing stops me" option.

I'd probably not go on a leisure ride in heavy rain, ice or strong winds.

Top Bottom