When someone parks THIER car on YOUR drive...what can you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Just tape the plates over the ones fitted.

You only need one plate, and tape it on at the end of the miscreant's car facing away from the road. It can even be made of cardboard. I suggest the letters chosen are a variant of "see you next tuesday"

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I had this happen in our old house, neighbour's visitors parked on our drive which was down a long single-track lane. I blocked them in with our car.

The visitors sent a boy of about 9 yrs old to ask for the car to be released. Hard to refuse but I took my time getting out there.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Prevention is better than cure

If you take retribution against someone who parks on your drive, don't be surprised if your car gets keyed in the near future. Find a way to stop it happening in the first place. I doubt you need to do anything major. Just putting down a cone would deter most folk I suspect.

spen666

Legendary Member
Perhaps you could enlighten us on the legal aspects.

I am a lawyer not a relationship counsellor, so I am not goingto advise you what you should do to improve your relationship with neighbour/ motorist. I can advise you of the consequences of your actions and to this end, the Criminal Damage Act 1971 is your starting point I would suggest.

spen666

Legendary Member
Prevention is better than cure

If you take retribution against someone who parks on your drive, don't be surprised if your car gets keyed in the near future. Find a way to stop it happening in the first place. I doubt you need to do anything major. Just putting down a cone would deter most folk I suspect.

Retribution is more satisfying, if you dont get caught

Julia9054

Guru
The local scallys left us a cone on our drive. I still have it - it was very useful when we were having some building work done.
The also took away an old door that I had placed on my drive whilst I was figuring out how to take it to the tip in a Renault Clio.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am a lawyer not a relationship counsellor, so I am not goingto advise you what you should do to improve your relationship with neighbour/ motorist. I can advise you of the consequences of your actions and to this end, the Criminal Damage Act 1971 is your starting point I would suggest.
There was a time (not too long ago) that I didnt believe all those jokes about lawyers/solicitors. With your attitude you have single handedly reversed my thinking.......for that I thank you.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Retribution is more satisfying, if you dont get caught

Maybe for you. I prefer to prevent it happening in the first place and get on with my life

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I had this happen in our old house, neighbour's visitors parked on our drive which was down a long single-track lane. I blocked them in with our car.

The visitors sent a boy of about 9 yrs old to ask for the car to be released. Hard to refuse but I took my time getting out there.

Sums up how weak, thoughtless and wanting of all the rights but none of the responsibilities they were. Getting a kid to do the dirty work is pretty gutless. I despair.

Nobody has cast an opinion on whether my suggestion of dogshit under the door handle would be legal... or indeed effective
Providing of course you have a dog, or ready access to dogshit (I could pop some in the post if you want - pm me your address). Locally dog owners are very good at cleaning up after their pooch.

.........and if it has the right plates then take them off and nip down to your local auto distributors and buy a couple of cheapo plates with a likely reg and screw them on, that should make the authorities jump.
I would never do that but my post seems in line with most of the other suggestions on this thread:whistle:.
Don't you need V5 or some sort of proof the car is yours before you can get plates made up? Or maybe 'UR 18' from Clintons?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I would jack the driving wheels up with a couple of big rocks under the axles then I would issue them with a PCN for parking on my land, not removing the rocks until they paid.

Top Bottom