When to change up??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hicky

Guru
Ok, my youngest is now cycling mental.
Whenever it isnt raining he want to be out on his bike.....here's the crux, I think he could do with changing up a size but he's not too far off two sizes up.
He rides a Ridgeback MX14 now and from a brief "stand next to that lad" measurement of a 20inch wheel bike I think he'd be able to cope.
He is all over the MX and spins out very quick, I think I'm going to endup flogging it and buying a 16 inch wheeled bike for 12 months(hello ebay, unless someone is ready to sell one?).....or do I take the plunge now?

He's 3foot 7 ish, more 110cm....but all legs and growing out of everything we buy before it is washed.

When did you change up height wise?

Also gears, I dont think it would take him too long to get the hang of it if he's strong enough to use he twist grip.....maybe I need proper test ride for him.
Ramble over

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
My boy also bike mad was on a 14" and was spinning out all the time so got him an 18" he was a bit small for it but was keen enouth to deal with it, less than a year later his saddle is now as high as it will go and he is spinning out again I've got him a MX20 for his 7th (June) that has gears so hopefuly should last him a few years. he's 117cm now

Top Bottom