When you just can't say anything.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Just sat in a meeting and my boss reeled off every possible crap arguement against cyclists including RLJ's, tax, insurance, bike lanes, poor cycling, abusing pedestrians, why they should have number plates etc. As a third party was there who also cycled, I didn't feel it was appropriate to rebutt every comment (and I want to keep my job).

Come the revolution though.......

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
She. And yes, she is.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
did you sit there in lycra looking grumpy?

oth you could have deconstructed her arguements in front of colleagues to undermine her authority and cause others to question her judgement, ability to research a subject etc. would have served her right.

what line of work are you in that this was on the agenda in a meeting?

beancounter

ChrisKH said:
She. And yes, she is.

You poor sod, you utterly have my sympathy.

I've only had to work for women twice in 25 years and I'd rather sweep the streets than do it again.

bc

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
when I hear this kind of thing I just raise an eyebrow, smile in a superior way, and say....'we are the future'. To which there is really no answer other than another ridiculous rant.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
dmoan said:
Tell her "Some people cycle to work just to get fit, but I admire you. You look better now you've stopped dieting ..."

Then run away!

Many a true word. This is a woman with a penchant for dieting and Christian Louboutin shoes. Exercise doesn't come into it unless it's in an expensive gym, yoga related or is remotely fashionable (see other thread on Pi-la-tes). :sad:

I would have to agree with beancounter to some extent; I'm sure there are some good female bosses out there but I've never worked for one. And I've had (counts up on hand) five. Some needed locking up. Some were dying. Some were already dead, but didn't know it.

alecstilleyedye, my area of work could best be called Law Firm (mis)management. It only came up because the third party we were talking to was saying all London cyclists should be shot, despite being something of a triathlete himself (supposedly, in another life). My boss did initially say "Shush, we've got one here" and then she let rip.

I do get my own back when I'm changing into Lycra and she walks into my office which she has done a few times. "Can't you do that in the toilet?" she keeps saying. So I won't on principle. :tongue:

Top Bottom