When you were young...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyingfox

...what did you used to do to your bike to make it cool?

I had coloured tassels from the handlebar ends and playing cards pegged the frame so it would make a 'motor' noise when the spokes flicked them :evil:

Maz

Guru
You know those cylindrical plastic size-label thingummies that you see on the necks of coat-hangers in shops? I put them on my spokes, I did.

Abitrary

I attached fishing knives to the hubs of my chopper to make me into ben hur.

Bigtallfatbloke

I fitted a double water bottle set to the handle bars with straws...scotch in one, water in the other...then I road from london to paris like that the day after my 16th birthday

peanut

all I remember was I had an old man's shopping bike with perpetually flat tyres and was always off the back of me mates...

oy! Wait for me....:biggrin:

jay clock

Massive member
I strapped a cassette player to the back and played the first 10 secs of song called "Two Wheels" by Firebird, over and over. It was the sound of a motorbike revving up.

Also I removed the handlebars off my bike as they were the slight riser style ones and put them on the other way up so they swooped down slightly. It improved my aero position no end!

And of course, the clothes peg/cards combo

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Fitted one of these beauties:

41V34RBJX7L._SS500_.jpg

:biggrin:

Mr Pig

I had a lucky rabbit's foot wedged next to my front mudguard under the fork. Other than that I just tried to keep it clean and shining, which it always was. I spent whole days polishing it up.

ChrisKH

Guru
Used to make our own bikes out of ones we pilfered from the dump. They were cool and you could do anything to them!

We tried to extend the forks on one such mongrel to make it like a motorcycle chopper. Until someone took it over a home made ramp. Cue instant fork collapse.

Top Bottom