Where are you in the happiness map of England?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
I must be a right miserable sod then, living as I do in Somerset.

ChrisKH

Guru
I'm pretty happy at the moment. My mortgage has fallen by a further 0.5%! Am I glad I didn't pick a Nationwide Tracker when I had the chance. :angry:

ChrisKH

Guru
Uncle Mort said:
But - Why are the Isles of Scilly home to the most miserable 10-15 year-olds in the UK? Have they banned Playstations?

I saw a series on the Scilly Isles recently and it didn't look much fun there unless you had passed 55 and went to church frequently.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I knew a bloke from the Scillies who was one of the happiest peeps I've met (at least till his wife left him... but he got over that). Anyroad, he lives in Spain, so it doesn't count. ;)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Light Blue. Sheffield is one of the only light blue areas in the whole of the north of England. Strangely neighbouring Rotherham is yellow.

Knowsley and Halton are the happiest ?!?!?
How ?!?!?

Knowsley is 'abandon all hope those who enter here', whereas Halton is Widnes & Runcorn (two towns perrenially at war, hence calling the combined borough Halton so as not to slight either one) and the picture painted of them in 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' is very accurate...

I fit under neighbouring Warrington, which is mid-table green, although we only live 200yds from the border with light-green Cheshire County Council - but that's a big place, including places like Knutsford and Natwich as well as not-so lovely places like Crewe, Winsford and Middlewich.

simoncc

Children in Knowsley, which as the article says has some of the worst educational standards in the UK, are reportedly very happy. I can confirm this after some supply teaching in the borough. They are a very happy-go-lucky lot who don't give a monkey's about learning, probably due to the attitude of their parents. When they leave school many of them are destined for the scrap heap straight away, or dead end jobs. Never mind, as long as you are happy eh?

yenrod

simoncc said:
Children in Knowsley, which as the article says has some of the worst educational standards in the UK, are reportedly very happy. I can confirm this after some supply teaching in the borough. They are a very happy-go-lucky lot who don't give a monkey's about learning, probably due to the attitude of their parents. When they leave school many of them are destined for the scrap heap straight away, or dead end jobs. Never mind, as long as you are happy eh?

What a nasty bastard you are too eh Simon - maybe you and Andy can join up and live in Hell ?

:blush:

Top Bottom