where can you get these from...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

you know the sort of thing... like a static quick release thingy.
You take the front wheel off the bike, and secure the bike by putting the forks in this quick-release axle that is fixed.
vergo-s.jpg

This one is a minoura one, but i'm just wondering if you can get others... ideally, I'd like to sacrifice having a rail for it to slide along in favour of it being cheaper than the £50 that the minoura one is.

The idea is to have them welded into the back of my van...

OP
OP
B

bonj2

ah i've just seen thule do one - the 'Thule InDoor 592', it looks a lot better as it already takes two bikes for £50 and you can get extra adapters for it, and it slides and goes diagonal... think i might see if i can afford one of those

anybody got one/ ever used one?

Noodley

bonj, www.skidrive.co.uk do the thule for £40.00

postage stated as free.

i don't have one, but thanks to you I may get one when the new car arrives in November - looks just what I am looking for. Ta. ;)

OP
OP
B

bonj2

hmmm... i've got grand plans for my van. going to get that welded into the back bit, so you can slide bikes in rear wheel first. Then it's going to have a ground anchor welded into the middle for a chain to go round. Then I'm going to have some 'rails' (not sure how they're going to be made yet, but should be fairly simple) welded on for the ply-lining to be screwed onto, so I've got the ply-lining raised by a few inches so it's flush if I want to carry something that isn't a bike, I can just slide it over the holes that i'll have cut in the ply-lining for the bike attachments. Might also have grooves cut in the ply-lining for the rear tyres, or possibly just straps, but need to think a bit more about that bit though.
Then going to have a curtain for a bulkhead and back window tinted ;)
£40 for the bike rack
£8 for a ground anchor
£20 on metal rails, bolts, hinges for the ply-lining
£20 (?) on welding services (hopefully not much more than that)
£70 for the tinting
probably try and scam the curtain + rail free from somewhere...
£160 all in?...
see if i can do it for that! :sad:

bonj said:
hmmm... i've got grand plans for my van. going to get that welded into the back bit, so you can slide bikes in rear wheel first. Then it's going to have a ground anchor welded into the middle for a chain to go round. Then I'm going to have some 'rails' (not sure how they're going to be made yet, but should be fairly simple) welded on for the ply-lining to be screwed onto, so I've got the ply-lining raised by a few inches so it's flush if I want to carry something that isn't a bike, I can just slide it over the holes that i'll have cut in the ply-lining for the bike attachments. Might also have grooves cut in the ply-lining for the rear tyres, or possibly just straps, but need to think a bit more about that bit though.
Then going to have a curtain for a bulkhead and back window tinted :biggrin:
£40 for the bike rack
£8 for a ground anchor
£20 on metal rails, bolts, hinges for the ply-lining
£20 (?) on welding services (hopefully not much more than that)
£70 for the tinting
probably try and scam the curtain + rail free from somewhere...
£160 all in?...
see if i can do it for that! :biggrin:

Have you tried www.getafrickinlife.com ?

:ohmy:

Top Bottom