Where does your commute take you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vandatubes

As I'm commuting I pass other cyclist coming the other way?

Maybe fellow members cross paths ?

Mines Orpington, Sidcup,5 ways, Eltham, Woolwich at about 9am and around 10 miles each way.

5 or 6pm return

Oh I'm riding a Dahon Folder.

Anyothers out there doing something like it?:biggrin:

Duds

mostly people head the same way as me, as it is into Edinburgh, but there are a few going the other way.

Inverkeithing to Edinburgh. 6.30 - 7.15 on the way in. varies on the way home.

13 miles each way.

the earlsdon roundabout, through spencer park, over central six and into coventry via the subway, past the litten tree, past the town hall and to university.

at random times of day

orange carlton with huge pannier on the right hand side of the rack.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
From Cove in Farnborough, up past Minley, through Yately to Sandhurst, on towards Wokingham, over old road to Binfiled and then on to Maidenhead.....and back. See a few more now, and in both directions, but some in the evening look like they're out on training runs.

janm399

Veteran
From Didsbury in Manchester to Reddish. When the weather's nice, I take one of the scenic routes: 1. Didsbury - Northernden - Wythenshawe and back, then to Reddish. During school holidays I take even longer routes, such as Wilmslow - Prestbury - Poynton - Bramhall - Reddish; Didsbury - Bramhall - Newtown - Glossop - Marple - Reddish.

Yes, I sometimes arrive pretty tired (having done 40 - 50 km first thing in the morning), but I guess it's good training.

biking_fox

Guru
Janm I'll be in the opposite direction!

Reddish into central manchester. Normally across ot the A6 up through levenshulme (:smile:) and across Plymouth Grove to the university. 8:15 start about a 5:15 departure.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Great Thread, I usually pass the same 2 people.... jolly old boy on a Trek and a rather attractive young lady on eerrrr a bike (its black, but never really focus on the bike).

Ride from Folkestone up the A20 through Newingreen, Sellinge Mersham to Ashford.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Two commutes for me, a short one, the most often travelled one, and a very occasionally travelled whole trip from home to work.
The short one is from Plock Court, Gloucester up the A38 to Coombe Hill, right at the lights towards Cheltenham then turn left at the Old Spot pub along the Stoke Road to Stoke Orchard. About 8.5 miles.
The long one is from Eastington up to Whitminster, turn right onto the A38 towards Gloucester, into Gloucester, then from there do the route described above. About 21 miles

Heavy Al

Kilmichael to Kilmartin then down past the neolithic cairns and standig stones of Kilmartin Glen to the Moine Mhor nature reserve. B-road from there to the Crinan Canal towpath and along to Cairnbaan.
See loads of deer, occassional hen harriers ...but not too many other commuters.
About 9 miles each way I think.
On nice days I head out to Duntrune to watch the otters...

's a hard life really...
(sorry - all in Mid Argyll)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Urmston to Stretford to Hulme (over bizarre bridge) to University. Usually about 8.15am and leaving at about 4.30 to go (strangely enough) the reverse route. :sad:

Don't see too many going my way, and those that I do are either pootling along or on the pavement or RLJing. ;)

hambones

Waltham Abbey along Sewardstone Road and Waltham Way to Tottenham. 8 miles with no other regular commuters. Either everyone else is travelling at the same speed as me so we never meet or else they don't fancy it!

iacula

[Kilmichael to Kilmartin then down past the neolithic cairns and standig stones of Kilmartin Glen to the Moine Mhor nature reserve. B-road from there to the Crinan Canal towpath and along to Cairnbaan.

my favourite part of Britain, you're a lucky guy

Batzman

Walton-On-Thames->Shepperton->Laleham->Staines->Wraysbury->Datchet->Slough
...and back again in the evening
Only see a couple of regulars on that trip... and a bunch of newbies that have started since it's now "spring"

I ride a white marin

Top Bottom