Where is BikeHike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

Apologies if I'm duplicating a thread, but I did search and couldn't find an answer...

BikeHike seems to be down - does anyone know the story? It's a problem for me as I use it a lot, as there's an option to reduce the total trackpoints when planning a ride (i.e. a route - except that Garmin call it a track...) - which I need since I use a Legend HCx and it has a maximum trackpoint (as in waypoints) limit of 500. A ride of more than about 30 miles will have more than 500 trackpoints.

Having Googled around, I can't find any other route planning software that allows you to reduce the trackpoints, without buying MapSource or Tracklogs. Bikely etc all can be used to plan routes, but don't seem to offer the algorithm to reduce the total number of trackpoints.

Anyone know what's up with BikeHike, or if there's another way of reducing the trackpoint numbers in a planned route? (as in no-cost!!)

Andy

ohnovino

Large Member
GPSies allows trackpoint limiting on their conversion page: link (click the "Show Options" button to see the trackpoint limit slider)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
In the meantime, the next best is bikeroutetoaster imo. But fingers crossed for BikeHike to be back up and running. It's the only other one that I can see that you can reduce the number of trackpoints. (I remove all trackpoints for a tcx file for upload to my Garmin 205)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I'd be lost without it. ......

OP
OP
andytheflyer
Phew!!

Scary isn't it? You buy a GPS to work with a routing application and provide the navigation that you feel suits your cycling best, then the routing software disappears!

Anyway, thanks BikeHike, and long may you continue! The best application by far for me..........

Andy

AndyJB

sooooo
It looks like it back with sponsorship this time and so at least someone will deal with the legalities. Still the best free site bar none.

Does anyone have issues though with other browsers?

Top Bottom