Where's my parcel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

Normally amazon sends stuff royal mail but this time it's citylink, I HATE CITYLINK. If I had known before ordering it would have put me off. 1st card came through last week, I left message for delivery today. 2nd card came the day after so I phoned again, wouldn't take message because it already had re-order details. I have taken a day off work, made the boys cycle to school and stayed in every minute (when given the time of year it would have been useful to go out) not a parcel in sight. I personally have no complaints about royal mail at least if they don't deliver I have a local depot I can pick up from. I have emailed Amazon to ask for money back I'm not prepared to take another day off. Mind you the Virgin parcel which is supposed to be coming today hasn't arrived yet either. But I think they do say anytime from 8am to 8pm - really useful!

Moan over.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've got one from CRC on 48 hr that's been in Belfast for 48hrs !!

One from Wiggle that hasn't been processed for 3 days and is now showing out of stock !!

And a new bike should have arrived today (citylink) so my wife has waited in all day and it hasn't ****ing turned up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's Xmas deliveries but this just sucks a big one ;)

gavintc

Guru
I boycott companies that use City Link and inform them by e-mail that they have lost my business as a result. Wiggle are now blacklisted having used citylink. The delivery guy did not even deliver a card and my only notification was an e-mail from Wiggle. So, a day off work on Monday to drive 35 miles to collect a parcel - great!!

OP
OP
W

Willow

gavintc said:
I boycott companies that use City Link and inform them by e-mail that they have lost my business as a result. Wiggle are now blacklisted having used citylink. The delivery guy did not even deliver a card and my only notification was an e-mail from Wiggle. So, a day off work on Monday to drive 35 miles to collect a parcel - great!!

Me too (usually) though boycotting amazon for me would be hard though save me loads! Lets hope they don't tender for the royal mail business

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I feel your pain but always had the reverse problem with amazon, they use royal mail and it takes them upto 2 weeks to deliver a parcel first class. For the brief time amazon used city link it improved. I don't trust city link either though, they put a dent in my mate's tv ;). Virgin are not that reliable at sending parcels either, I've given up asking for cable modems.

OP
OP
W

Willow

marinyork said:
I feel your pain but always had the reverse problem with amazon, they use royal mail and it takes them upto 2 weeks to deliver a parcel first class. For the brief time amazon used city link it improved. I don't trust city link either though, they put a dent in my mate's tv :blush:. Virgin are not that reliable at sending parcels either, I've given up asking for cable modems.

How weird I always get next day from amazon mind you royal mail are usually happy to leave on doorstep - not this time of year though.

I'm off to nurse my cold given up waiting for them and going to have a very early night. Bet the door bell goes just as I doze off.

gavintc said:

Same here!

As soon as I get a CityLink notification I simply ask them to return it to the Company.

HelenD123

Guru
You all have it lucky. If I have to go to the nearest Citylink depot it involves forking out for a Humber Bridge toll as well as a long drive!

I ordered something with Amazon late on Saturday night on supersaver delivery and have a card through the door from Royal Mail today to say it's arrived. Can't say fairer than that.

barq

I was phoned up by one courier driver who said he was looking for my house. I gave him a description and then nothing... Later when I called to company I was told they'd attempted delivery. I questioned this, but they were able to describe my house... thus "proving" it was my fault. I had to do a round trip of over 50 miles to pick up the package.

Lateness I understand, lying and deceit I won't accept.

gowiththeflow

I boycott any internet company that dares deliver using courier companies! Unless delivered by pixies or santa I refuse to accept anything else! Pretty much means I'm buggered for internet shopping, but you pays yer money etc, etc.....

Dave5N

Über Member
Gosh, I thought it was just me.

I specifically ask if they use city link and if they do, I stop the order and politely explain why.

I bought some stuff off Dolan a while back and it took weeks to get to me. The Dolan people were excellent in helping, I should stress.

Noodley

I placed a large order for cycling kit, invoiced on 24 November, with an agreement of delivery in 4 weeks or 1/2 price....7 days to go, and 2 of them the weekend. :evil:

Noodley

I could be in with a shout :evil::becool:

I'd rather get the delivery TBH, but what's a few day? Apart from half price....:biggrin:

Top Bottom