Which bike for £700ish?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am intending to upgrade my bike. At the moment I am using an MTB, which is fine for my present use. I would like to get more serious about my cycling.

I am considering a Ridgeback Horizon, or a Trek 1.2. Is there anything else I should consider? I think a bike that has mudguards would be better for year round use. The Ridgeback come with MGs fitted, while the Trek has lugs so that MGs can be fitted.

What do you think?

TIA

raindog

er.....
Cannondale build nice frames and I just happened to see this today.
http://www.wheelbase.co.uk/products/cannondale_caad8_sora_triple.htm

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
you're headed in the right direction but, be warned, if the cycling bug bites then you'll be getting another bike as well. As a solid allrounder then a touring style bike is a good starting point and can give many years service. I've had a quick look and the bikes at that level all seem to be Sora shifters now. Worth looking around to see if there's anything with tiagra, or above. I personally prefer steel over alu so would look at the Ridgeback Voyager rather than the Horizon.

If this is for a general purpose bike then don't rule out hub gears, especially if you plan on commuting through the Winter.

Top Bottom