which bottom bracket?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by johnnyh, 25 Apr 2010.

1. johnnyh

johnnyh Veteran

anyone have any idea or point me in the direction of spec for a replacement bottom bracket for a Carrera Virtuoso (08 blue and black in colour)???

if it's a case of removing the old one to find out then so be it.

cheers chaps

2. e-rider

e-rider crappy member

Yes, removing the old one and getting one the same is the usual way to go about it.

The same size that is, you might want to get better quality though.

3. OP
    OP
    johnnyh

johnnyh Veteran

yep, this one has a little play in it after about 2000 miles, but shant spend too much on a replacement since I will look to replace the drivetrain in the non too distant.

4. Mike Alexander

Mike Alexander Active Member

I also have a black and blue Virtuoso (purchased in April 2010) and need to replace the bottom bracket. Can you tell me what a suitable replacement would be?

5. Martin McNeely

Martin McNeely Active Member

What type of bb does the carrera virtuoso take? I was hoping to change mine to a hollowtech with tiagra crankset.

6. arch684

arch684 Veteran

hi i have a carrera vanquish and its a truvativ powerspline bottom bracket yours may be the same

7. Martin McNeely

Martin McNeely Active Member

Can this be replaced with a hollowtech bb?

8. arch684

arch684 Veteran

don.t see why not if your changing the whole crank set.Ask at your local LBS

9. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

Yes you can if as arch says your replacing the crank set as well although its recommended that you have the BB shell faced at the same time which is reallya job for the LBS as you could knacker your frame .

10. Tanis8472

Tanis8472 Veteran

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice