Which MTB?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Big Bren

Big Bren

Update - took the Marin to Dalby Forest yesterday, with newly fitted SPD's and my embarassingly clean Shimano shoes. Terrific fun was had by all!

Now, if I can just work out how to manufacture extra hours for each day, I might just be able to add regular MTB'ing to my schedule!

Bren

vbc

Am also considering getting a hardtail trail bike. Was browsing today (off sick at the moment) and saw a 2007 Kona Hoss Deluxe, reduced from £850 to £675. Was sorely tempted but not sure I could get into the garage at the moment without Mrs C noticing.

barq

Hmm, that's not a bad reduction. I kind of knew someone who had a Hoss (perhaps a 2006 model) and it seemed pretty good. Very solid too.

Lots of bike shops are reducing a bit more than usual right now because it's been a rotten summer. Some are even resorting to breaking up bikes and selling the parts on ebay in order to recoup their money! Its a good time for a bargain.

RedBike

I think it might be worth actually trying a few of these bikes. The Kona Coiler for example is boarding on a downhill bike. It really isn't designed for 'family' cross country rides.

Top Bottom